The Hermit

Michelle

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing in this card or what it's trying to tell me. On average I'm drawing the Hermit once a week as a daily draw (Spiral Tarot). Also, I get an automated daily in my email box and on the same day I drew the Hermit - I received the same card via email.

I would love your input on what this card means to you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Lain_82

Hi Michelle!

The hermit, as I see it , is a loner. He knows that some of the best lessons in life are learned on your own... perhaps that's what you need, some time alone to think and reflect on an aspect that's been bothering you.

If you do some research on this forum you'll find lots of threads on this card, they could help you a lot.

bye!

sunbean

The Hermit to me has always represented inner wisdom and that sacred space we all have within us when the world becomes too much. Perhaps he is telling you to reconnect with yourself and find peace.

Diva3000

The Hermit... *lets take a brief look on the definition of Hermit itself* is someone who lives alone... (usually away from cities and general population) and studies, reflects and goes on spritual journeys for intellect...

The Hermit can mean a two things...

That you may have disconnected yourself from people/society

or

You wish to further better yourself at the sciences/arts/whatever it may be

However... this much "exposure" to that card obvisouly does mean its wants your attention... PLUS it being a Major Arcana card... means I would probably meditate on this for awhile. Do you have a Tarot journal?? if not starting one might be wise :)

tink27

Hi Michelle,

I'm not familiar with the Spiral tarot. But what stick out about this card in the Rider Waite and the Crowley deck, is his lantern and the light. It seems to speak of looking and healing any contradictions in our life. The Hermit is one who solves the problem and finishes things up. I don't see him as one who would sweep unfinished business under the rug. It's as if he's looking into the shadows, looking to develop a deeper understanding of himself....which will be helpful when others come to him for help and advice.

Michelle

Lain_82 said:
Hi Michelle!

The hermit, as I see it , is a loner. He knows that some of the best lessons in life are learned on your own... perhaps that's what you need, some time alone to think and reflect on an aspect that's been bothering you.

If you do some research on this forum you'll find lots of threads on this card, they could help you a lot.

bye!

Hi Lain_82,

Time alone would be a great and welcome event! I have 4 daughters and a husband and am usually quite busy. Maybe some quiet, alone time is what the Hermit is telling me that I need.

Thank you for your input!
Michelle

p.s. Yes, search probably would have been a good idea :).

Michelle

sunbean said:
The Hermit to me has always represented inner wisdom and that sacred space we all have within us when the world becomes too much. Perhaps he is telling you to reconnect with yourself and find peace.

"The sacred space we all have within us when the world become too much" .... I like that, a lot! And boy, does it ring true right now. I have felt extremely overwhelmed by friends and family and what seems to be constant neediness. Inner peace is something I would love to find at this time.

I knew if I posted here on AT, I would gain some clarity.

Thank you !!

Michelle

Michelle

Diva3000 said:
The Hermit... *lets take a brief look on the definition of Hermit itself* is someone who lives alone... (usually away from cities and general population) and studies, reflects and goes on spritual journeys for intellect...

The Hermit can mean a two things...

That you may have disconnected yourself from people/society

or

You wish to further better yourself at the sciences/arts/whatever it may be

However... this much "exposure" to that card obvisouly does mean its wants your attention... PLUS it being a Major Arcana card... means I would probably meditate on this for awhile. Do you have a Tarot journal?? if not starting one might be wise :)

I am working at becoming a better, more focused Reiki practitioner and reader. Am also attempting to start a home based metaphysical business. Maybe I need to become the Hermit for awhile and take some time out to work on these things.

Yes, I have a much neglected Tarot journal. I'm guessing it's time to dig back in.

Thank you!

Michelle

Michelle

tink27 said:
Hi Michelle,

I'm not familiar with the Spiral tarot. But what stick out about this card in the Rider Waite and the Crowley deck, is his lantern and the light. It seems to speak of looking and healing any contradictions in our life. The Hermit is one who solves the problem and finishes things up. I don't see him as one who would sweep unfinished business under the rug. It's as if he's looking into the shadows, looking to develop a deeper understanding of himself....which will be helpful when others come to him for help and advice.

The image in the Spiral tarot is very similar, the lantern is present, except in this deck it is a female holding it. What you have stated rings true for me....I am making every effort to better myself and my life - so that I can be of better service to others. This has taken some soul searching and not always liking what I find - but looking at it and resolving it none the less.

Thank you for your help !

Michelle