The Jean Dodal deck: High resolution scans

Bernice

Hi Eltarot!

I'd like to see The Devil please.

Bee :)

Bernice

Beautifully done Eltarot!

I'm looking forward to the release of this deck.... thank you for the pic.

eltarot78

I send greetings, I'm still working, and not far off, will not be disappointed at all.

eltarot78

I finish drawing all the cards, now I'm in the process of polishing strokes, and is far less.

Not all cards, but I have added many shades, is not a whim of mine, is a permission that I take in what is the original and inks busted.

eltarot78

Rafaël said:
Hello All,

Let me say first that the more restaurated cards I see comming from Argentina, the more I like them! Especially the variation in the thickness of the lines. That makes the images much more alive and interesting!! Bravo!

Last week I was talking Tarot with a friend who didn't know the Dodal yet. One of the first things she noticed was the kind of 3D effect one can see in the minors:

DusserreDodalXsmall.jpg

For me these shades really add a lot to the cards. Without the shades the images are very 'flat', less 'real', less alive...
When inclinating the card, like above, one can see a perspective drawing. From a technical point of view it's clear they have been added on purpose.

'Cleaning up' the old images is of course very usefull. I'm 100% pro. But it would be a mistake to clean them up too much...

This been said I'm fully aware making choices like this is a tough job.

Rafaël

Hello Rafaël, passed despite a great time since his post, never lost sight of suggestions and opinions, as you see, consider these shades, that lend it a very special touch, not only shadows, shades and spots are what give these 3D effects.
Lines that trace the wands, are in a different line in the red (outer) and ligth blue (inside).
Do not know if it was completely on purpose for Merme or chance, but in fact that achieving a espectacular effect.

Yves Le Marseillais

Merme is not linked to Dodal engraving

Elt arot wrote:
"Do not know if it was completely on purpose for Merme or chance, but in fact that achieving a espectacular effect."

Hello Pablo and all Tarot geeks,

Back from Snow station in Alpes, I note that you think that an engraver names Merme did engraved Dodal deck.

This is only a name that was choosed by Jean Claude flornoy after i informed him about some sources.

But this is not an historical and documented information my friend.

Only an option that decided jean Claude.

We all must be very carefuul not to add hypothesis to tarot datas.

A keeper of the temple.... ha ha !!

Yves Le Marseillais

eltarot78

Thanks Yves, then quietly left the naming of Tarot Merme (respect for the true artist of course) and I still naming traditionally known as "Le Tarot de Jean Dodal" restored by Pablo Robledo (of course) :)

Bernice

The deck is completed - you're just doing the finishing touches :party:!

I like the shadings you have done and the attention to details. Very pleased this will soon be released,

eltarot78

Hello Bee, as you said, near the end of the year but the Chinese New Year:) 02/14/10 I have to travel soon to a larger city to find printers that can print larger role, A0 (Ideally) or A1 or A2, Super A3 sheet is very satisfactory to me in connection with the texture, weight and quality, but it gives me a great waste of paper and actually increases costs.
Each time, the closer:)