THE LAST TWO DECKS!!.. :confused:

yaraluna

The Last Two Decks!!..

for this year that is. :D

I am deciding which will be my last two purchases of the year, and for some time to come, so I REALLY need your help with this one. :p

I am really pulled to the fantastic menagerie for some reason. well, i guess one of the reasons is b/c i like the historic-oldish look of it, and b/c it connects to me like the Froud's fairies did (I love fairies but not on tarot, but the FF was the only one that said BUY ME!).

i ordered the VR gold edition as it really calls to me for some reason. i am not really into romantic or decks of that kind, but this one really got to me.

SO, my last two decks for the year suggestions are:
-fantastic menagerie ?
- *?*

any ideas of a good deck that is a bit different to what i have? i have thought of and have been attracted to something "darkish" like the Vargo, and the archeon, but i'm not sure yet.

HEEELLPPPP!! anyone? :bugeyed: :laugh:

HearthCricket

Personally, both are quite lovely, but I would go for the Archeon. My reasoning is because you are attracted the the Froud's Faeries and there are a few fairy-like images in the Archeon, but it is also dark, though not what I would consider Gothic. It has a lovely autumnal feel to it, and the images are somewhat obscure, yet gorgeous. You need to "sift through the leaves" and reach the image and it is a fantastic deck for readings, especially intuitively. IMO, at least.

The Gothic is also gorgeous, and nice to have alongside the Madame Endora Fortune Telling cards. The artwork is very gothic and hauntingly beautiful. I especially love this deck around Halloween or whenever I have just watched something like Phantom of the Opera!

In the end it really has to be your decision, as you are the one who will be reading from it. I would look at pictures from both decks here and on Tarot Garden and see which ones hit you the most. And update your tarot deck list on your profile so people already know what you have and what your style is. We are very good, here, but we can't read your mind! :D Let us know what you choose and how you like it!

Grizabella

The Fantastic Menagerie is an absolutely enchanting deck! If it had been smaller, I'd have loved to keep it when I had it. You'd find, if you got that one, that there was a million things to feed your intuition if you read primarily intuitively.

Vargo Gothic is beautiful for a dark deck but again, was too big for me.

I haven't had the Victorian Romantic, so I can't give any opinion on that one.

yaraluna

thanks for the replies!
i will check my list again. i just updated it a couple of days ago....hmmm

yaraluna

the list

Ok here's my list:
So-called Tarots:
-Voyager
-Medieval Scapini
-Tarot en espanol
-Motherpeace (mini)
-Oracle of the Radiant Sun
-Osho tarot
-The Book of Thoth (Etellia)
-A.C.Thoth
So-called Oracles:
-Gypsy fortunes
-Froud's Fairies
-Karma cards
-Spanish (Spain)playing cards
-I-Ching
-Iching (non-cards)
-Runes
Coming Soon:
-Tarot of the III Millennium
-Il Vostro Destino
-Mlle. Lenormand Jeu de Destin
-Mantegna
-360 degrees of wisdom
-Ogham: the celtic oracle
-Victorian Romantic (Gold edition)
-Victorian Romantic- KIT
-The New Tarot for the Aquarian Age (vintage)

any more ideas? :p

for some reason the puter didn't save my changes a couple of days ago.bummer!

SunChariot

How about my new favourite: The Celtic Wisdom Tarot? I see you already have an interest in things Celtic. It's a very unique deck, beautiful colours. And there is an amazing year long meditation series using all the cards at the end of the book. I am on my third and they are amazing. It can be a touch dark in places, but you said you were thinking of something like that anyway.

It's been my absolute favourite deck since I first got it (last month:grin:)

Bar

Bat Chicken

I have finally gotten into that one... and I agree, if you like things Celtic - it is really interesting - with connections to the Ogham too...

yaraluna

Countdown To The Last Two Decks!

ok so i am getting to the end of my shopping spree this year. I am very attracted to the FMenagerie...any others??

thanks

Cocobird55

The Fantastic Menagerie is one of my favorites. It's very easy for me to read with, because the expressions and the body language is well done.

Rosanne

I like your list. You might like the 'Old English Tarot' or the beautiful Dorothy Krause 'Millennium Tarot' ~Rosanne