THE LAST TWO DECKS!!.. :confused:

yaraluna

thanks,
the old english is sure nice. the millenuim one is way too much gold for my liking though.

yaraluna

i've been looking at the vertigo for quite some time now. i am not sure about it yet. I am debating between the archeon and the vertigo.

I find th earcheon more visually accesible as suppossed to the vertigo. both are beautiful in workmanship for what i can see, but i will need feedback from those that own or have handled either or both these decks. anyone out there in this category? :p

yara- the yet undecided hiliday shopper LOL :)

MeeWah

Very fond of the Vertigo for its artwork by Dave Kean, & amongst my reading decks.

Also like the deck because it is based on characters from a series of graphic novels known as "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman.

The deck loosely based on the RWS tradition, but its surrealistic artwork well reflects its characters; also well served by the accompanying book, written by Rachel Pollack.

I would characterize the Vertigo as a dark & a gothic deck. Very capable of in-depth readings or the shadow work.

Scans of the deck do not always show all its colours well, but those at Aeclectic Tarot do:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vertigo/index.shtml

The deck of thin cardstock & will not withstand 'regular' shuffling. The book's font of very small print.

Some time ago, there were a series of threads for the purpose of studying the deck. Thanks to Sulis, those can be located via this link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=52803&highlight=Vertigo

[Edited for typo.]

Bat Chicken

I have never been able to commit to the Vertigo not because it is a dark deck - the Archeon is as well, but its surreal images are a little more sharp and disturbing to me. The Archeon is dark and gothic, but the images are softer, more dream-like. I find I can read with it quite well. I may succumb to the Vertigo, if I can ever find it at the right price, but, if I can only have one, it is Archeon.
Sorry Mee-Wah! ;)

MeeWah

Bat Chicken: That quite ok. As with any deck, Vertigo will not appeal to everyone.

Do not know the Archeon, so unable to comment on it.