The Month of May Rant - History of Reading Part 1

Raya

I edited my reply (number 77). Hopefully I clarified my point, since I apparently gave everyone the idea that I'm this sad, insecure girl. I'm not, fyi.... B)

Umbrae

Raya said:
Hopefully I clarified my point, since I apparently gave everyone the idea that I'm this sad, insecure girl. I'm not, fyi.... B)
I didn't see it that way. But who am I?

Raya

Umbrae said:
I didn't see it that way. But who am I?

Who are you?? Why, you're "Umbrae Draco, mouthpiece of Ooolatek the Seditious One Who Speaks Only Lies, Keeper of the Despicable Temple of Divine Evil!!!"

Glad to hear it. :)

Alta

Raya said:
I edited my reply (number 77). Hopefully I clarified my point, since I apparently gave everyone the idea that I'm this sad, insecure girl. I'm not, fyi.... B)
Didn't strike me that way, and I liked your recent (still active) thread too. Good learning thread.

lark

Raya said:
Everyone experiences feelings of inadequacy at times, especially when we've been working hard to achieve something and then see someone else do it with great ease. I'd be lying if I said lark's experiences didn't make me feel that way... but only at first. No matter what, there'll always be someone better or worse than me in everything I do. My mom used to tell me that. So I try to tell myself to stop judging my success on others and just do my thing. Actually what I really think is, "Raya, get over yourself and move on with your life. It's too short to waste time worrying about other people."

I want to do tarot, I want to be good at tarot, I will act in such ways as to become so.

It's my life, and it's yours, too, frelkins.

lark: don't ever feel bad or like you need to shut up because others feel inadequate around you. that's their stuff, not yours.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
-Marianne Williamson
I thought it was a beautiful post Raya.
And your advice to me is will always be remembered...thank you. :)

Cerulean

Ah but sometimes it is not the cards...the rapport, as Umbrae says...

...there are sometimes the con-currency of 'similar experience' just quietly walks in and stands in front of you.

A fellow friendly soul and someone closely involved with local tarot and crystal reading was expressing sympathy for me..she was at store that was giving classes that I was in. I had to let some people know that I might be leaving the city on very short notice...a close relative two days earlier was on life support after an unexpected accident.

It turned out my relative went in peace quietly that weekend and so a small ceremony would be scheduled later that month. All concerned slowly exhaled--I was hundreds of miles away. The worst of what I felt or seemed to feel slipped away.

In that frame of mind, I was in the store. I looked at the person expressing sympathy and heard them speak of being sad because of a similar experience for themselves in the past six months.

My impulse was to explain with to the friendly soul that the peaceful release of my relative was a deep blessing--my relative's life was rich and beloved every day of her life. I mean in terms of kindness of who she was. I think I only said about ten words...I don't know what transpired, but no cards were needed--I saw lightness in the friendly soul's face and I believe her energy was uplifted. She was usually known to smudge the store with sage and ring bells to clear the air, should the negative energy be around!

Incidently, somehow later, when the friendly soul gave a demo on her treasured crystal spheres, what she said kind of opened me up to being able to find such things useful. I think she didn't have to say much...It was the beginning of me being able to check out imaginative impressions and start confirming...well, sometimes you meet someone on short acquaintance whom you share similar reactions to the same stimuli. And very few words are needed.

I know it's happened with a long-time poetry writing group of friends--we have begun to trade and share similar expressions and reactions in our writing---the flavor of one person's wordings and phrases are popping into someone else. And frequently someone says, "I was thinking the same thing..."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Umbrae said:
"It’s what occurs between you and the sitter that carries meaning – it’s the rapport…and well yeah – sometimes ya just gotta be a fortune teller…cuz that’s what the sitter needs.

Are you up to it? "