The Next Step for my Book ???

How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?

• Convince a new publisher to print it.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me.

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

tarotbear

Getting there ... and not

At the moment, the POD versions (there may be two!) are becoming more of a reality, but a Kindle version is now in a definate 'do not publish' mode until I can get some more help on it.

tarotbear

Only the Shadow knows ....

Has anyone else created a book on Createspace?

Today I received my paper proof (THE magic moment in every author's life!) and the first thing I see is that the title of the book seems 'blurry' - readable, but blurry. My name, the text and my pic (I get an author pic this time!) on the back cover are perfectly crisp and clear - but the title has some wierdo shadowing effect. I called Createspace Customer Service (They get a 6-star rating from me - excellent people!) and they asked me to take a digital photo and send it to Tech Services. I have, and have also asked that if the master files have this shadowing effect that it makes the lettering look unclear, and that reflects back on Createspace, not the author, so they should reconsider and make the title as crisp and clear as possible.

The books are getting there! :party:

Attachments

• IMG_6294.JPG
    IMG_6294.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 81

tarotbear

Second Proof arrives

The paper proof of the Reference Edition arrived today. It is 'fraught with little errors.' Compressing the manuscript down to 6 x 9 from 8.5 x 11 did screw up small things, but in print they can't be missed! So, I spent a couple of hours today adjusting the manuscript and making corrections, which have now been re-downloaded to Createspace. We are waiting for the final emails to say what their status is.

I did receive a letter from Tech Services; they are going to look into the shadow effect on the title lettering and see 'what can be done.'

I have also reloaded the file for Kindle based on the new file for this edition.

Getting there ... slowly ... but getting there. :party:

Attachments

• IMG_6299.JPG
    IMG_6299.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 79

firefrost

Wow tarotbear, I admire your tenacity. You deserve a huge success out of all this!

tarotbear

Before you all get too antsy ....

BEFORE YOU ALL GET TOO ANTSY ....

I have changed a format (I won't tell you how many times I have done this, but it's a learning experience all around)! So, if anyone of your heard 'Early Next Week - it's going to be more like 'LATE next week.'

It sucks to be such a damn perfectionist! I am sure Createspace is tired to reviewing all my changes!

swedishfish612

So this thread got me curious and I checked out your book from the library today. I have to say, I've only flipped through it for about 10 minutes, and I'm sorry it went OOP. This looks like a fantastic book, especially for those who are new or struggling with learning the cards. I really bumbled around for a long time with books that had heaps and heaps of meaning for each card. I wish I had discovered It's All in the Cards sooner!

I learned from RWS clones, but recently got a RWS as a gift, and I'm starting to go through each card. I'm going to use your book alongside with making notes in my journal.

Good luck with the new version. This book, IMHO, should be back in print!

tarotbear

Dear swedishfish612 ~ Thank you for your kind endorsement!

The 'Reference Edition' of the reprint will be as close to the original as I can make it. The first difference is the illustrations which are no longer the RWS Smith illustrations because US Games wanted too much money for permissions. It will be illustrated with the Aquatic Tarot - which is the RWS in a beautiful watercolour version. However, in converting the images to B/W it did 'tone' them out - but they are still recognizable as the RWS if that is the deck you like to use. Unfortunately, the 'tiny' versions of the cards my publisher used in some of the layouts was impossible for me to duplicate ... so that had to change. However, the text is 99% of the original, so the meanings of the cards does not change.

Be patient, and soon you may be able to own your own copy!

And thank you again ...

gregory

It can be found used at a reasonable price. :) (just checked and found a couple under $10 :))

But poor TB doesn't get any money from used sales :(

tarotbear

Money sticks in the hands of saints ...

It can be found used at a reasonable price. :) (just checked and found a couple under $10 :))

But poor TB doesn't get any money from used sales :(

You got THAT right, sweetheart! :heart: You may see my OOP version out there selling for outrageous prices on used book services - all I got paid is the 38 cents to 50 cents my publisher paid me in royalty. The rest of those high prices are pure profit for the seller - not the author! :(

gregory

The OOP version IS for sale reasonably, used. It is sharks who are charging $100 for it !