The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

Baroli

mac22 said:
I've listened to the whole thing 6-7 times and I'm still adding to the journal I started. It continues to be a great purchase.

ETA - the audio quality of The Process is excellent and the packaging professional. As for resale value -- My copy is NOT for sale -- buy your own :D

Mac22

Amen to that!! :D

gregory

Baroli said:
Amen to that!! :D
I'm sure you are right.
But that doesn't help me or Lewen (though Umbrae has been more reasonable by PM than some posters on this thread !!! :*)

However excellent the quality is - that doesn't make it audible to those with serious ear shortages !

Aurelious

Not that the audio books needed any more praises and applauses, I'm still going to give it just that.

I'm a beginner by comparison to those here, but this audio book has helped me immensely. From history lessons to numerology to in-depth looking at the suits...to real life examples of readings and how Dan himself interpreted cards, this has been worth every bit of the $45 (I got the MP3 edition due to price, plus so I could put it on my MP3 player and listen to it where I went.

Of course, audio books to have a bit of a problem to them, being availability of listening. I listened when I was by myself, and typically when driving (I live with my family so finding a quiet 20 minutes is quite difficult) and since most places I drive only take 10 minutes, it's hard to listen to his longer chapters in segments. But that is a personal issue, and not to detract from the audio book.

I felt like my reading skills jumped from beginner to intermediate just from listening to the book, not including all the readings I've done since then. It's still on my MP3 player since February and I've listened to all the chapters about three times now and I'm still picking out new stuff.

Even those bits and segments about the gardening I enjoy. Sure at the beginning I wanted ALL Tarot, ALL the time, but I was a novice then. There is sublety and information in those parts, once you learn to listen. If it was erroneous, it would not be there.

Dan's voice was an interesting part as well. Since I live in the southeast, all I get to hear is southern slang and slurs. To hear someone from the west was an interesting part for me as it helped to break it from "my world" into "another world" if you will. Kinda odd, but how I see it.

For those who cannot hear well, I do hope some sort of arrangement can be made so you can enjoy these equally with us. It has been immensily informational, helpful and thought provoking. It actually makes you THINK, which I know some don't like to do when they read. You get out of it as much as you put into it, and i'm going all in on this book.

gregory

Umbrae has offered to help. Bless him. Here we are - everyone is telling me it HAS to be audio and so on - and the creator - whose baby it is and who might be expected to be the most outraged - is the one offering the most support. :*

(Of course, I suppose he does also realise that without action on his part, it will make him no money from MOI. There is that }))

But I do so want the knife throwing bits.... :D

All Is One

gregory said:
Umbrae has offered to help. Bless him. Here we are - everyone is telling me it HAS to be audio and so on - and the creator - whose baby it is and who might be expected to be the most outraged - is the one offering the most support. :*

Not too surprising. Umbrae is one of the most helpful people I know. I had to bite my tongue when I saw your post about not being able to hear it. But I had faith in Ooolatek.

I didn't realize you were hard of hearing. I'll shout louder when I talk to you.

:* :* :*

weaver

Aurelious said:
Even those bits and segments about the gardening I enjoy....

There is sublety and information in those parts, once you learn to listen. If it was erroneous, it would not be there.
I agree, Aurelious! Tarot is life and life is Tarot. By seemingly going "off topic" intermittently, Dan Pelletier ingeniously underscores his material providing yet another means for the listener to discover, relate to, and learn the lessons contained in "a wicked pack of cards".

I have just finished listening to the Process for the first, but certainly not the last, time. Honestly, it has all but taken my breath way. Multilayered and full of surprises, The Process is an amazingly insightful and wildly creative work. To my way of thinking, it is nothing short of brilliant.

I'm very comfortable listening to audio-books. (When I was a weaver, I listened to them a lot!) That said, throughout the recording, I kept wondering if such a unique presentation of material could ever successfully be transitioned into a book format. Initially, I doubted that it could be. The more I think about it, though, the more I can see a print version of The Process as being possible. In my minds eye, to do the material justice (as opposed to a Cliffs-Notes version of the recording) would likely cost a pretty penny to produce, though. My "dream" Process book would be peppered with a lot of strategically placed photos or illustrations which would INCLUDE those of the roses mentioned, maintenance techniques, and all of the other seemingly "off topic" areas that so effectively underscore the various Tarot lessons contained in the audio version. How great would that book be?!

If such a book ever becomes a reality, consider me signed up for a pre-order! Until them, I'll be listening to the dulcet sound of Dan's voice! :laugh:

Sue

mac22

Aurelious said:
Dan's voice was an interesting part as well. Since I live in the southeast, all I get to hear is southern slang and slurs. To hear someone from the west was an interesting part for me as it helped to break it from "my world" into "another world" if you will. Kinda odd, but how I see it.

I have been fortunate enough to have several Shaman mentors in my travels the one thing they shared was a quality of voice that Dan has.

Aurelious said:
For those who cannot hear well, I do hope some sort of arrangement can be made so you can enjoy these equally with us. It has been immensily informational, helpful and thought provoking. It actually makes you THINK, which I know some don't like to do when they read. You get out of it as much as you put into it, and i'm going all in on this book.

This book DOES cause you to think, grow & expand both the mind & the spirit:)

Mac22

Lain_82

Do you know if it's available on .mp3? I live in Colombia and the shipping prices are so expensive... (not to mention that, from what I read on tarot connection, shipping to South America is probably impossible)
Well, I'll just have to stick to what's available now, and see if I can ever set my hands (or ears) on this great piece.

Astraea Aurora

Hi Lain

yes, it's available as 1 mp3 cd as well as 6 regular cds. Only a couple of days ago I've received mine and let me assure you, it's worth every cent and every worry and stress till it arrives on your porch step.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

janstar17

I'm afraid I'm very late jumping into this thread. I wanted to add my 2-cents even if it is only worth half that!

I ordered my audio CD of The Process as soon as it became available but, as is its want, life got in the way and I've only recently been able to listen to it.

I've thoroughly enjoyed it -- even the rose tending lessions dispite the fact I've killed every rose I've ever tried to grow. :( I have learned much about tarot, and about my relationship with tarot, from the listening, however.

And while I would also like to have it printed and bound I get why he believed his lessons were best spoken. Dan is obviously a master storyteller and so loves the telling! His voice was a gift that allows him to get his message across. LOL

I have to admit though if I hadn't known who Dan was from this forum I would probably not have spent $60 for the audio on a 'cold sale.' But I knew Dan would not disappoint and have no buyer's remorse over spending that amount of money for it.

All-in-all, I give it an A.