The Quantum Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

I'm still finding this such a beautiful deck and very clear in it's readings.

I've just realised I haven't tried it with the T.T yet! I have to try that now!!!

Leo62

BrightestPleiades said:
I got this deck about a month ago and it's my new favorite. :D There are so many layers to the images that I often go back and look at the same card and see something new that I hadn't noticed or focused on before. I also like it because if I just want to read cards (and not the book) I can gain meaning simply by looking at the cards and not feel compelled to read the book meaning. But, there are times that the scientific meanings in the book are fascinating and so it's a good right brain/left brain balance. Sorry if I'm repeating what's already been mentioned in this thread, I confess to not having read all 300+ messages in it!

Lisa
Lisa - thanks so much for your comments :) I'm glad to hear you're dipping into the book as and when you feel like it - that's exactly what I envisaged when I wrote the book. I've had a few people say they find the scientific info too much to take in. I'd really encourage anyone who has this deck to take your approach and look at the scientific explanations as and when you feel ready - you don't need to know that stuff to use the cards!

BTW, the Pleiades feature in the background of the 3 of Cups ;)

Attachments

• QuantumCards-39.jpg
    QuantumCards-39.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 100

Leo62

Sidhe-Ra said:
I'm still finding this such a beautiful deck and very clear in it's readings.

I've just realised I haven't tried it with the T.T yet! I have to try that now!!!
Wow that would be something wouldn't it? :bugeyed:

I'm getting myself a TT for Christmas, so once I have it I'm going to do the same experiment ;)

BrightestPleiades

Leo62 said:
Lisa - thanks so much for your comments :) I'm glad to hear you're dipping into the book as and when you feel like it - that's exactly what I envisaged when I wrote the book. I've had a few people say they find the scientific info too much to take in. I'd really encourage anyone who has this deck to take your approach and look at the scientific explanations as and when you feel ready - you don't need to know that stuff to use the cards!

BTW, the Pleiades feature in the background of the 3 of Cups ;)

You know I just ran to go look at the 3 of cups again anyway! And, yes, now I see them! I read the book cover to cover the first night I had the deck, but still didn't notice the Pleiades in there, even though they are my favorite to look through the telescope at. It's the layers of meaning thing going on.

Lisa

Leo62

Lisa - it's not the most recognisable image of the Pleiades and it is really in the background - easy to miss :D

A couple of weeks ago, Chris and I did an interview with Leisa Refalo for the Tarot Connection podcast. We had a long and interesting chat, and I even did a "live" reading for Chris with the Quantum!

Leisa has now posted the podcast, along with the images of the cards we discussed - and those from the reading - so you can have a listen here:
http://tarotconnection.net/episode-92/

Nina*

I can't seem to find the link to that podcast. :(

Leo62

Nina* said:
I can't seem to find the link to that podcast. :(
Me neither - I'll drop her an email. :)

BrightestPleiades

Kay,
Thanks for the podcast link, I enjoyed it! So did you and Chris design the card layouts as well as the art on each card? From the podcast, it sounded like the publisher did the card layouts. It's great that you got to do the borderless layout. I love borderless decks. Borders do make economical sense, they can butt the cards together on the sheet and separate 2 cards with just one chop. But then when they have a border, it forces the image to get smaller and details are lost.

I've seen decks where the borders are intricate and go with the theme, but for the QT, borderless is more cutting edge (sorry about the pun) and forward thinking.

I enjoyed hearing your reading for Chris. I was reminded of the first time I saw the 3 of pentacles, I was a little taken back... like "what is this?"- because for all the images taken *by* the Hubble, I've never seen an image *of* it! It's not particularly pretty, it has that home-made, mad scientist feel to it with a hint of leftovers wrapped up in the fridge... just crazy enough to work. Right at home in the pentacles. And yet, I'm always flabbergasted by the images returned from it, truly a modern miracle!

I was also curious about the cup images in the deck- they are quite unusual and stylized, they almost look like a functioning part of a spacecraft. Was that the intended feel to them?

Lisa