The Quantum Tarot

nisaba

Leo62 said:
Carl - thanks so much, that's a great idea :) Chris and I would both be thrilled to contribute to a study group, though I think it's better if we let users of the deck take the lead and decide how the discussions should go :D
I'm really glad the deck is working for you!

Well, they should happen.

I took a chance and bought two copies, one for myself (a collector of decks) and one for a friend (someone who has been faithful to one deck for over 20 years, but is also a trained scientist). The two of us consumed enough coffee to float a battleship as we pored over it together (my copy, his stayed sealed until he went home, the bugger!). I also showed it to another Tarotista, who had a big problem with hte Chariot, as she saw Einstein as someone who was mild and humorous nad having a compeltely different energy to the card. I tried to persuade her to look at the rising space shuttles ... but never mind ...

Then, after being shared with thsoe two people, my copy went to work with me. I intended to study it a bit more in between clients, but it *was* on my reading table with the other decks, and a client *did* fall in love with it on the spot ("The World" was the card showing in all the decks), so I had to read with it. I was unprepared. The deck wasn't. It hadn't even been previously shuffled properly, but it threw out a killer reading for her, telling what she needed to hear in a way that made her want to hear it, and telling her what she could do to change things for herself. Good reading - the client was ecstatic, and went out singing my praises. I felt like a fraud accepting all the credit.

Oh, and the silver gilding was an inspired touch - in thirty-something decks I only own one or two with gold gilding, but even in such rare company the silver gilding makes this deck stand out. And the box is so functional that, for once the LWB (which is neither L nor W) might actually stay with the deck! - you can tell I'm not an archivist by nature, can't you.

KarlThomas

Hi Nisaba.

I agree, and they are happening.

Jump in, I would love some company exploring this deck. I really think Quantum is breaking new and interesting ground, and we have a rare chance to enjoy the perspectives of both creators in current study.

(I've just needed to focus on my Rohrig study lately.)

Pick a card!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=109565

Le Fanu

Yes! Ive been in and out, checking the study group, but am trying to resist the temptation to keep starting posts on all the cards I love.

I think this is such an innovative deck. Ive said before; it´s conceptual, like art! And - most importantly of all - really hangs together flawlessly. I speak as one who isn´t really into photo decks.

Choose a card; Im sure I´ll love whichever one you choose!

Mateo06

Going to have to add this to my wishlist. So many decks not enough time nor money!!! Can someone float me a loan? Just kidding.

Leo62

Thanks for your comments nisaba, Karl, Le Fanu and Mateo06 :)

nisaba - yes, in my experience the QT gives *very* direct readings! To me, something about the not-of-this-world imagery lends it a nice, cool objectivity in dealing with, er, human affairs. It's not a "soft" deck, but not harsh either. Very Aquarian, somehow. :D (which is funny cos neither of its creators are Aquarians...but then again, the idea was "born" around this time of year, with the sun in Aquarius...)

nisaba

I don't necessarily agree that it's either cool or objective, Leonine one! I have two decks which I regard as cool (or cold, really): the Cosmic and the Servants of the Light. They both are graceful, dignified and distant. I've been known to get frostbite if I touch either of them in winter.

Now the Quantum, despite the vast distances pictured in it, is not distant at all. And there are too many slow-motion explosions and fissioning hydrogen-wells pictured in it for it to be cool! <laughter> Ironically, given that every scene in the deck is of an unpopulated part of the universe, it is one of the warmest, most populated decks I've ever seen, with faces, people, limbs, even just the hint of an eyebrow, a lip or an eye and ear, layered under and through other aspects of hte images. I;ve only found a very, very few Minor Arcana card that are entirely unpeopled, and I fully expect to see people jumping out of them the next time I notice them just because of my changed perspective.

I was impressed that an unshuffled deck threw out the cards that the querent needed. Of course, I know that as a working-magician, if I had taken my left index-finger and tapped the back of the cards in a certain way, the deck would have rearranged itself to present the correct cards, but my client wasn't magically inclined.

Having the creators so accessible is excellent - I have a certain deck (my favourite for about the last fifteen years) designed by a woman in Tasmania which comes complete with her as a Tarot Guide - every time I sit down with clients she's behind and just above me (notwithstanding there's a solid wall there). She doesn't help me read, but her presence, which is comforting, puts me at ease which can't hurt. She laughs at me a lot. And she is non-discriminatory - if I'm reading with a different deck, she's still there leaning over my shoulder to look, with me, at the cards as they come out. Over teh years, I've got very used to her. Having the creators of the deck here gives me that same privileged feeling: I can ask questions. And get answers! Wow.

nisaba

I'm tentatively thinking of establishing an exchange reading circle for science-based decks. Both the Quantums would have pride of place, of course. Anyone who might be interested could mosey on here and express their interest.

KristinCali

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd ask here rather than start another. Can anybody tell me if the Quantum Tarot 2.0 version has the same cards as the original version? I see the border/title changes but I mean the art of the cards, is that the same for the most part? Thanks!

Le Fanu

No, completely redone court cards. The photographic images have gone and been replaced with much more beautiful constellations and engravings.

KristinCali

No, completely redone court cards. The photographic images have gone and been replaced with much more beautiful constellations and engravings.

THANK YOU!

Any chance anybody has both decks and can post comparison photos??