The Renaissance Tarot - Brian Williams

MoofiesAngel

Extra Card

raventepes said:
One thing that I would like to add about the Renaissance Tarot is that it has an extra card in there depicting two people (male and female) with a banner that has "There is an order to things" inscribed on it. I HIGHLY reccomend useing it as a non-arcana card. You'd be supprised to the insight that little message brings in a reading.

I am new to Tarot just beginning. I have this deck being drawn to it for the beautiful artwork and colors. The gold is wonderful. Now that I've heard there is a book that goes along with the deck by the same author, I shall start looking for it.
Just this morning I came across this 'extra card'. The sense I got from it was the completeness and potential existing in life. Everything being present and readily available to us for our creating life around us. I am very interested in hearing what others have to say about this card.
Is there a study group specifically for the Brian Williams Renassaince deck?

Thank you

Lithargoel

I loved this deck from the first time I saw the magician card.

The whole deck feels very archetypal, especially the majors.

Normally I'd be upset at not having fully fleshed out minor cards, but I actually quite like how this deck has produced them.

Very nice colours indeed, overall.

firecatpickles

There are also key words on each of the minors, reversed as well as upright. The print on the teeny-weeny banners is very small & innocuous, but I like his take on some of the meanings.

As a gay man, I find the deck almost distractingly erotic, though of course this is a matter of perception })

K:spade:K

Queen of Disks

This deck was my first previously owned deck. I found it at the Half Priced Books store. It seemed to read ok, although the pips weren't my favorite. I haven't used it in a while, (partly because the cigarette smoke smell from the previous owner was a little much. :smoker: Thankfully it has dissapated for the most part.) But I think I will drag it out and try adding in the extra card. I thought it was pretty, but I didn't know it had meaning in a reading! Thanks, raventepes, for pointing that out.