The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

tarotlyn

now, I like photo A of version 5 and I also like the version 7 this way. in fact, since we are talking about the fish card, with it being about , I am thinking that version 7 here is the best fit.
:heart: Version 7 certainly brings out the Lenormand 'fish' in a big way...
Thank you for helping me with this!

Version 7 has really become the most attractive one for me....with Version 5 [probably A] as a close 2nd :love:
:heart: That makes two 'likes' for version 7 so far...
Thank you, my sis!

Birds card:

The Shabby Chic flowers do help to harmonize the card with the others. Pity that the trellis didn't work out...somehow, it feels like something is missing but I can't figure out how it could be worked out. Unless….. [and don't feel obligated to try if it is too much trouble]… adding on the top of the card, like a "pearly curtain" (this is going to be hard to explain), you know these tiny white flowers, hanging down (really looks like a string of white pearls) I saw that at a wedding... It hangs like an uneven curtain, some strings shorter,(maybe like shorter where you have the title, they would be actually behind and fall shorter...) others longer (like in the corners and going shorter as they go toward the title)...and if after that the card looks too busy, maybe cutting a bit on the roses in the foreground like keeping the one upfront and removing or blurring those that wrap around on the back/left????
:heart: LadyZelda, i will go back to the 12. BIRDS card again and see what you are talking about...
i am just afraid of overdoing the card and throwing it off too much...as it has so many flowers
on it now...but maybe the idea of the pearl curtain might work...let me work on it today, my friend...
Oh, and i did come across a photo of a 'thin' white wrought iron trellis that could have worked
but i didn't save the photo...will have to try to find it again and see if you like that in case
you don't like the pearl curtain...

LadyZelda said:
Fish Card:

I still :love: my Version 5 and for me it is the 5 B with the 3 gold fish...I went for the 3 because the symbolism of this number matches perfect with the meaning of the card...

But I have to admit that Version 7 reworked is gorgeous! And the "Adventure" part of the card is better seen in version 7. The first one was too busy and now it is in perfect balance.

Nonetheless, I still have a weakness for version 5 B :love:
:heart: LadyZelda, you know, i am thinking that this card is very important to you and why don't i just
add your 'version B' FISH card to the deck as an 'extra' card...just for you? :heart:

i think we are going to have extra cards in this deck...:laugh: ...why not?...as this card
seems to be getting center stage :)

So now, so far, in the deck we have '3' FISH cards: (this way you have a choice which one you want to use).
Version 2 - Jelly Fish (extra card)
Version 5-B - Fish 'shaped' bowl (extra card)
Version 7 - Tall fish tank (main card)

Thank you so much LadyZelda for bringing your thoughts here...

Still thinking about the Birds Card...An idea popped up, I was looking again and maybe the solution would be to leave less room at the bottom of the card, like bringing the Birds Bath lower (give some foreground but not as much) with still some Shabby Chic rose at the base of it...In that case the Birds would not be too close to the title and the "pearly/tiny flowers uneven white curtain on the top would hang just right. Like the composition would not be too busy, would retain depth but these birds would be "framed" in a Shabby Chic Style....

The thing is I wish I could show an image of what I see in my mind, it is really not easy to explain with words....If I could have been by your side, I would have sketch my idea...;)
:laugh: LadyZelda, if you were here, i am sure we would be wild with ideas LOL... Seriously, though,
i really do appreciate your thoughts on these cards as i know that you are an avid Lenormand reader and teacher. :thumbsup:
So i do value your ideas... plus it does make this journey 'very' interesting with everyone's input...

So, the thought of doing something more 'shabby chic' at the top of the 12. BIRDS card is
in my mind now and i will play with the card today... and hope that you will like the finished card...
i think i can picture what you are saying...

Okay, my final vote is for 7--the Fish tank--it is really gorgeous!

But,i do like the Fish shaped bowl, now,too--5A or 5B.

You don't dare ask me about the bird card...[i am now having a totally different vision involving a shabby chic bird cage and a yellow bird. :p] Oi, i feel like we are going to drive our precious Lyn nutty. :eek: i am getting on my own nerves! :laugh:
:laugh: ROFLMAO... you guys are really funny...and no, none of you are driving me nuts at all...
and it actually is helping me to, shall i say, 'perfect' the cards :) :thumbsup:

...Keep the ideas coming...no problem...however, my sis, i do love my blue birds :bugeyed: :laugh:
...okay...going now to find some 'pearl' type curtains for them...

:heart: HUGS, everyone,
Lyn

LadyZelda

:heart: LadyZelda, i will go back to the 12. BIRDS card again and see what you are talking about...
i am just afraid of overdoing the card and throwing it off too much...as it has so many flowers
on it now...but maybe the idea of the pearl curtain might work...let me work on it today, my friend...
Oh, and i did come across a photo of a 'thin' white wrought iron trellis that could have worked
but i didn't save the photo...will have to try to find it again and see if you like that in case
you don't like the pearl curtain...

:heart: LadyZelda, you know, i am thinking that this card is very important to you and why don't i just add your 'version B' FISH card to the deck as an 'extra' card...just for you? :heart:

Thank you so much LadyZelda for bringing your thoughts here...

:laugh: LadyZelda, if you were here, i am sure we would be wild with ideas LOL... Seriously, though, i really do appreciate your thoughts on these cards as i know that you are an avid Lenormand reader and teacher. :thumbsup:
So i do value your ideas... plus it does make this journey 'very' interesting with everyone's input...

So, the thought of doing something more 'shabby chic' at the top of the 12. BIRDS card is
in my mind now and i will play with the card today... and hope that you will like the finished card...i think i can picture what you are saying...

Thanks so much Lyn! I'm so happy that you are adding the Fish :love: version 5B :love: as an extra for me!! :D And for reworking the Birds! Can't wait to see it!

:laugh: ROFLMAO... you guys are really funny...and no, none of you are driving me nuts at all...
and it actually is helping me to, shall i say, 'perfect' the cards :) :thumbsup:

...Keep the ideas coming...no problem...however, my sis, i do love my blue birds :bugeyed: :laugh:
...okay...going now to find some 'pearl' type curtains for them...
:heart: HUGS, everyone,
Lyn

Glad we are able to inspire you!:D It is quite something to post few ideas and then see them come to life! Thanks Lyn for performing the Magick! ;)

Chronata

wow! I just discovered this! I had no idea you were making a wonderful Lenormand as well!

LOVE this idea...the shabby chic, fluffy Victorian images are grand and lacy, and just perfect for a deck! It reminds me so much of those Victorian decoupage scrap collages.

I didn't really want to come in here and give preferences, becauase I think you have enough good eyes here for that! (although I really really love the jellyfish card for number 34 :D)

I just love everything you are coming up with. And I trust that this will be one clever and fun deck when it's finished!

tarotlyn

Thanks so much Lyn! I'm so happy that you are adding the Fish :love: version 5B :love: as an extra for me!! :D And for reworking the Birds! Can't wait to see it!
Glad we are able to inspire you!:D It is quite something to post few ideas and then see them come to life! Thanks Lyn for performing the Magick! ;)
:heart: LadyZelda, well the pearl curtain idea...not so much...LOL...i tried several and no go...

And i tried about '6' different trellis's and no go either...so i made my own 'thing' :bugeyed:...i love it...hope you do too?
(see 12. BIRDS version 3 below)

wow! I just discovered this! I had no idea you were making a wonderful Lenormand as well!

LOVE this idea...the shabby chic, fluffy Victorian images are grand and lacy, and just perfect for a deck! It reminds me so much of those Victorian decoupage scrap collages.

I didn't really want to come in here and give preferences, becauase I think you have enough good eyes here for that! (although I really really love the jellyfish card for number 34 :D)

I just love everything you are coming up with. And I trust that this will be one clever and fun deck when it's finished!
:heart: Chronata...welcome to the thread! i am so glad to have you here! :)

...and not to worry...the 'Jelly-fish' card WILL be in the deck as an 'extra' card :)

MoonGypsy, my sis, the Jelly-fish was a good idea of yours, as a lot of members do like it...
:heart: HUGS...
Lyn

here is the 3rd version of the 12. BIRDS card:

Attachments

• 12.BIRDS.jpg
    12.BIRDS.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 90

MoonGypsy

...BUT...now this opens up a whole 'nother can of worms...for the bear, the fox, etc...
(outdoorsy type cards...you can only use so many flowers and lace...LOL) i am sure i will
work something out thought because of all of everyone's great suggestions! :thumbsup:

i have a fab idea about that "can of worms"!!! :D i hope! PM coming...

tarotlyn

i have a fab idea about that "can of worms"!!! :D i hope! PM coming...
:heart: Okay, sis...and here is another can of worms! :bugeyed:

...i just had to try this one...for the CROSS card...version 3! (i know it says version 2...but it is '3')

:heart: Lyn

Attachments

• 36.CROSS.2.LZ.jpg
    36.CROSS.2.LZ.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 100

MoonGypsy

:heart: Okay, sis...and here is another can of worms! :bugeyed:

...i just had to try this one...for the CROSS card...version 3! (i know it says version 2...but it is '3')

:heart: Lyn

Really lovely! i would be happy with either the first one or version three! Which ever one "floats your boat"! :D Really! Both are very lovely--and Shabby Chic...

Hugs and Blessings,
Amber xxx

Alta

I like version 3 a lot. It fits your vision and has a certain foursquare/ no compromise effect which I like.