The Sun & 10 Swords

moonpixie

Arg! I'm just a bit stumped with this one. Part of a larger spread, the question revolved around how person A felt about person B not initiating any form of contact with them recently. I drew The Sun & 10 of Swords as person A's feelings.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this particular clashing combo?

Luna-Ocean

Arg! I'm just a bit stumped with this one. Part of a larger spread, the question revolved around how person A felt about person B not initiating any form of contact with them recently. I drew The Sun & 10 of Swords as person A's feelings.

Hi Moonpixie

Hmm the Sun card to me always represents a happy friendship in a reading, maybe in the past the relationship with person B was a happy one, but now it seems that things between them had come to an end and maybe person A wants to get back in contact with them again, i just feel that the relationship with the other person was good at one point, but now looks that person B wants to move on with their life.

Not sure if that made any sense

WalesWoman

Seems like Person A would be feeling that the lack of communication by Person B is showing them HOW they feel quite figuratively, it's not really saying how Person B feels or why they haven't contacted Person B... How: The Sun illuminates the darkness of not knowing, Why: 10 Swords is an ending, the last straw that broke the camel's back. The Sun shows them all the swords (truths) that they had been blinded to before. Anyway, they are feeling rather devastated.

Unless it means the person B is not at liberty to communicate, being pinned down and unable to rise.

Luna-Ocean

Seems like Person A would be feeling that the lack of communication by Person B is showing them HOW they feel quite figuratively, it's not really saying how Person B feels or why they haven't contacted Person B... How: The Sun illuminates the darkness of not knowing, Why: 10 Swords is an ending, the last straw that broke the camel's back. The Sun shows them all the swords (truths) that they had been blinded to before. Anyway, they are feeling rather devastated.

Unless it means the person B is not at liberty to communicate, being pinned down and unable to rise.

I love this interpretion WalesWoman i thnk this i spot on, i think this is what i was trying to say, ;)

Thirteen

It might to be all that clashing; the Sun might indicate that A feels warmth toward B, but (10/Swords) also feels tongue-tied in their presence, unable to communicate their feelings.

bogiesan

The two cards reflect Person A's feelings. There is no connection to, indication of or consideration of Person B. That was not the posted question but, of course, B might be part of the reading of the larger spread. A & B once enjoyed a joyous and warmly rewarding relationship; A would like to see that old relationship rekindled but is simply not going to make the first move. I see the S-10 indicating stubbornness on the part of A, perhaps as the result of how the original friendship might have left off. Rather on a bad note, I should say, even if A will not admit it or admit her part in it.

moonpixie

Hi, thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone :)

This spread was actually done for Person B (the person who did NOT initiate contact), they were the querant. They wanted to know how not contacting A (when the opportunity was there) might have affected A, if at all. Person B is the one whom was hoping for some kind of reconnection & rekindling of this friendship but is too proud to instigate anything as they feel they should not be the one to do it. Person A is perfectly capable of getting in touch with B, also.

I just want to touch on bogiesan's post;

A & B once enjoyed a joyous and warmly rewarding relationship; A would like to see that old relationship rekindled but is simply not going to make the first move. I see the S-10 indicating stubbornness on the part of A, perhaps as the result of how the original friendship might have left off. Rather on a bad note, I should say, even if A will not admit it or admit her part in it.

This is actually really close to the situation (STAR*, you sort of had a very similar take). But, we don't really know if A actually wants to rekindle the friendship. You're totally right, though, the friendhsip ended on a sour note, due to the actions of A, therefore person A might feel uncomfortable about being the one to initiate contact and is hoping for an olive branch from B. There's no certainty about that, though. As far as peron B knows, person A might not care less about them, that's why they wanted some insight as to whether they had any feelings about not being contacted.

WalesWoman ~ I also thought of the Sun as illuminating or clarifying something, so thanks for that.

PAMUYA

The Sun and 10 of Swords how someone feelings...

I think that they feel really warm and fuzzy about the contact but knows it will only end with bad feelings, someone getting hurt.

moonpixie

One interp that I did ponder was that person A might have felt happy/relieved that B did not contact them (Sun) as it perhaps would have made A feel bad/uncomfortable, etc (10 Swords) & churned things up that are essentially over.

angellady

I actually just had this card combination in a 3-card spread in the last few weeks. The question was regarding the relationship situation. The Sun was the middle card and 10 of Swords was the outcome. (nothing was ill-dignified) The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the spread, was that the person whom the question was being asked about, was "Happy that the relationship was ending."

For your reading, which was a bigger spread and more cards were involved, perhaps it just means that A is happy right now that there is no communication between A and B for the time being...but, certainly doesn't mean it has to, or will stay that way. Maybe A just needs a "timeout."