The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

missy

Thank you for your idea Missy! I still have my cards in the bag right now because the bag of Rae looks so fragile, maybe I need to start using it and see how it goes.. But I am sure I will check the Baba Store!!

Rae stated that the bags WILL come apart. I emailed her and she emailed me an address to send the bag for mending, so I have sent it off. You can read a few posts up, as she describes the whole process. :) She has asked any of us to email her to have our bags mended. :)

I really like the bag, as I like the see-through factor and the squareness of the bag and the size of it.

missy

I am on the fourth day of the daily draws and can highly recommend it;
I work with two cards a day and so far only one day doesn't makes sense!
I pull them together with three lenormand cards in the morning and sometimes they even seems to reinforce each other; love it!

That is good to know! Thanks for the feedback!

My annual spread has been great so far!

By the way; did you start with an annual? Rae's book recommends it. I found it a great way to start out and easy-peasy to do! :D

When I get my bag back, I can start doing dailies or weeklies.

But I am enjoying having this extra time to study my yearly spread. I have written it all down in my tarot journal. So I don't have to keep it out ... but I still like having it all the same. :)

Padma

I just received mine today :) It was so funny, when I saw Rae's pic in the back - I thought she'd be a bedizened little old lady! Hahahahaha! Quite the contrary. I am awaiting some free time tonight to sit down and explore the deck - it looks lovely...Thanks for enabling me, Missy and Grizabella...broke, but at least I'll be able to see any money coming, lol ;)

Thanks too to Rae, for making such an interesting and lovely deck. I know what to give my nieces for Christmas now. ♥

Tarot Fairy

By the way; did you start with an annual? Rae's book recommends it. I found it a great way to start out and easy-peasy to do! :D

I must confess that I didn't and the only reason for that is that I am way to inpatient ;) I did weekly readings and that was great! I just want to see fast results, but after your mentioned it I reread the chapter in the book and find out that you can do a year spread every three months? I don't really understand that; does the second reading after three months gives extra information to the first or is it a whole new reading?

Aviorwolf

I think the idea behind doing every 3 month (or 6 or so) readings, is that the year readings are not cast in stone. In other words, things evolve and change and we have, and make, choices. Doing a year reading a few times during the year allows us to see how things may have developed, and we may be able to connect the changes with our actions, or with other associations in our lives.

missy

I just received mine today :) It was so funny, when I saw Rae's pic in the back - I thought she'd be a bedizened little old lady! Hahahahaha! Quite the contrary. I am awaiting some free time tonight to sit down and explore the deck - it looks lovely...Thanks for enabling me, Missy and Grizabella...broke, but at least I'll be able to see any money coming, lol ;)

Thanks too to Rae, for making such an interesting and lovely deck. I know what to give my nieces for Christmas now. ♥

Oh Lotus Padma, wheeeee! :D Aren't they fun! :party: Well, I discovered how much fun they were the first time I put them to use, which was literally hours after I received them. I put them all in their bag and it was go time! :surprise: I did the annual spread, which as I have said, really does not take much time at all! The most "time" it took for me was: (a) the actual shuffling of the cards and (b) the writing down of my reading, because I write down all my readings.

But as for laying out the cards, it really doesn't take much time to lay out the cards. I'm not a super impatient person though, and plus it was a really rewarding endeavor. But, if one can make a circle of 12 cards, then yes, you'll find this goes fast enough. :) You will have to shuffle between making "circles." :)

I did my annual spread in August. And October already revealed itself. I admit I was not happy at what it revealed ... but nonetheless, it was there, and there were also some advisory cards that I needed to see, too.

missy

I think the idea behind doing every 3 month (or 6 or so) readings, is that the year readings are not cast in stone. In other words, things evolve and change and we have, and make, choices. Doing a year reading a few times during the year allows us to see how things may have developed, and we may be able to connect the changes with our actions, or with other associations in our lives.

Tarot Fairy, I would agree with what Aviorwolf has said. Also, probably the MAIN reason I decided to do an annual reading is that ... and I am not quoting from Rae's book here ... and probably SHOULD be ... but it had something to do with ... okay, now let me go get Rae's book. :laugh:

Okay, on page 25 of Rae's book, it states under "The Coming Year Method": "This method should always be used first when you are reading the cards for the first time, as it gives the cards a chance to absorb your long-term energy. Long-term energy changes slowly, so to get the best results it is recommended that you use this method roughly every three months."

There is a LOT of really fantastic information in the book. Every time I read something out of it, I have learned something new! :surprise:

Anyway, I did the annual read because when I first got my set, I read that first. :) When I first opened my cards, I thought I would just do a weekly or daily, but after reading that, I thought I would get better results with my cards if I started off with an annual ... I thought my cards would bond better with me, and besides, frankly, I was *curious* about what they would tell me for the year! :surprise:

I don't know if I plan on doing a reading every three months with them, but actually, this one has been so very very insightful that I don't see why not! ;)

I do have to say that so far, the cards in my annual read have been very accurate.

I am curious to see how one annual lays on top of another annual. For example, the annual reading I did in August ... how would it match up with annual reading that I do three months from now? Interesting!

Rae Hepburn

Thank you Lotus Padma

Thank you Lotus Padma for all the lovely compliments. May all your fortunes be good. Rae:)

Padma

Thank you Lotus Padma for all the lovely compliments. May all your fortunes be good. Rae:)

sweetie, you look like the late Princess Diana ;) so beautiful! But I wish you a fate a trillion times better and kinder than hers, and much more full of love! Thanks for the Tea Leaf cards, I drew two for myself today and two for a friend, to describe our current situations, and they were both incredibly accurate! ♥

Thank you so much for your good wishes - kinda like you blessed my deck personally ;)

Padma

Oh Lotus Padma, wheeeee! :D Aren't they fun! :party: Well, I discovered how much fun they were the first time I put them to use, which was literally hours after I received them. I put them all in their bag and it was go time! :surprise: I did the annual spread, which as I have said, really does not take much time at all! The most "time" it took for me was: (a) the actual shuffling of the cards and (b) the writing down of my reading, because I write down all my readings.

But as for laying out the cards, it really doesn't take much time to lay out the cards. I'm not a super impatient person though, and plus it was a really rewarding endeavor. But, if one can make a circle of 12 cards, then yes, you'll find this goes fast enough. :) You will have to shuffle between making "circles." :)

I did my annual spread in August. And October already revealed itself. I admit I was not happy at what it revealed ... but nonetheless, it was there, and there were also some advisory cards that I needed to see, too.

Missy, you kill me. You are SO enthusiastic! lol! ♥ you're cute.