The Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Padma

Has anyone who has this deck tried to trim the words off the cards? I was thinking I could use a glass or something and make a smaller circle, cutting the words off. I don't mind the name of the card on there, but some of the meanings seems too limited for my taste.

BhodiSeed, maybe you can drop into our discussion group on the tea leaf cards? We have been using them for weeks now and any insight from your experience with them would be appreciated - here is the link for the discussion group: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=193242

I have also found the words not true always to the cards...but had not thought of trimming them. Big job!

BodhiSeed

Thanks for the invite LP :); I don't actually have the cards yet as I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver them.:p
It would definitely be quite a job with that many cards, and circular to boot!

Padma

Well, I do hope you will come and join the reading circle or the discussion group when you get them :)

We all find them a bit oblique and sometimes really literal...and sometimes completely off...may be worth dropping into the discussion group, if only to read what we have found of them so far...if you haven't already, of course! :heart: they are really different to work with!

Winterchild

I recently received these cards, and have just had time to read the book and have a look. In the book it advises the Year Ahead spread first. I read through this, and I have a question.

If the cards are all chosen in advance, then surely this precludes the same card appearing twice? I know this happens in Tarot but the spreads are usually much smaller... but with such a huge number of cards I wondered if it may not be more accurate to do one month at a time, returning the cards and shuffling between?

I am more than happy for someone to explain how the book method of doing the whole draw at once will work anyway...

I hope you understand my question here!

Thanks!

Rae Hepburn

Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

Hi Winterchild:

You have asked a very good question. The full year spread uses 48 cards out of 182. Granted, while the same card will not reappear in the spread, a lot of the cards when used in conjunction with the other cards in the spread will make them have similar shades of meanings. However, I think it is a wonderful idea to do each month separately and do what is called the Coming Month Spread (picking out 4 cards for a month then mixing all the cards again for the next month). It is really up to you to choose the method of reading you like best and feel most comfortable with. I know a lot of people who pick a card a day (even up to 3 cards a day) just to see what the day looks like.

I hope you enjoy working with the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards.

Best wishes,
Rae Hepburn

Winterchild

Wow thanks for such a speedy response Rae! I am going to do the spread as shown in the book for the first time at least and I will no doubt have a far better idea of how to approach the cards once I have experience of reading with them! It is a fabulous concept... And I do make sure there is a cup of tea as part of my ceremony... Actually there is not much I don't do without tea to accompany me!!

Sar

This oracle is next on my list on what I am going to order.

celticnoodle

Sar, you're going to lvoe them! Its not really easy to read with, because you need a large table area-but if you are patient with this--and take the time to really use them properly, you will see they are so very accurate! I love them!

Sar

Sar, you're going to lvoe them! Its not really easy to read with, because you need a large table area-but if you are patient with this--and take the time to really use them properly, you will see they are so very accurate! I love them!

You are an enabler, CD. :D

Mythtaken

I just thought I'd bump this up, mostly because I realized these were available again. I bought mine direct from US Games, since at the time I ordered, Amazon had one of those cryptic 'available in 1 to 3 weeks' messages on the item page. Arrived quickly, in a really sturdy box, so I'm glad I didn't wait.

I like this deck. And FWIW, the mixing bag I got in mine seems very well made. Guess they fixed the glitch that led to flimsy bags for some.