The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

tarot heart

rwcarter said:
Instead of using a single 78 card deck, I use two 78 card decks together as a double Transparent deck.

In most of the readings I do, I often will have the same card appear twice in a reading, and I've even had the same card appear twice in the same combined image or film strip. A reading I just did had the Page Pentacles on either side of the Queen Cups as part of the same film strip.

Rodney

Ok, so what significance does this have for the reading?

rwcarter

tarot heart said:
Ok, so what significance does this have for the reading?
When a card appears twice in a reading, for me it becomes a very important factor to consider in the overall reading. I'd have to check through past readings, but I think the most cards I've ever had appear twice in a reading is 2. But I tend to use larger spreads/more cards since I use a double deck. It's not unusual for me to use 21 or more cards in a reading. Since I form CIs with 3 cards, that's only 7 cards to interpret.

So, repeating cards happen with somewhat regular frequency, but the number of cards that repeat in a reading is relatively small.

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

rwcarter said:
After many failed attempts (;), Em), I finally managed to get Em to sign the 2 Schiffer cards from my double Transparent deck at SF BATS last September. I didn't know how I was going to use them, but I decided to put them both in my deck anyway. Well, the first reading I did with the deck after that wasn't until the end of December. And wouldn't you know it, one of the Schiffer cards came up!

I had originally thought I was going to use it as the card of the artist (creativity, manifestation, etc.), but once I thought about it, I realized it's really more the card of the publisher (reality, compromise, that which is feasible, etc.). Taking a closer look at both cards, I see that Em signed them in their Mirror Image (MI) orientation, so I guess the cards can represent both artist and publisher depending on whether they come up in Standard Image (SI (publisher)) or MI (artist).

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else was wondering what to do with the Schiffer card. And it was only just today that I realized that there's no title card with this deck. It's been how many years now and I am only just realizing that? :bugeyed:

Rodney

DUDE. It's like I was in the room with you! ;)

strings of life

I posted this in the Study Group area when I meant for it to go here. That thread has been edited.

* dusts off this 2 year thread *

I just received this deck in a trade and it is...wild.

Amazing.

I felt like a child when I was looking at the cards. Such a fresh feeling! I spread all of the cards on my bed, which was a bad idea since the cards are transparent, and started picking them up randomly, holding them up to the light and just...smiling. The cards are uncluttered and modern. Just beautiful.

Then, I realized that it was best to put them back in order and see what they looked like when viewed on the white spread cloth that came with the deck. Genius! What an innovative and fresh way to read the cards. I can already tell that the FS (Film Strip) way is going to be my favorite way to read a spread. Last night, I overlapped them 5 notches in, which was the 1/2 way point. FS, yes, I did bookmark the Study Group here. Now I see what the acronyms are ;). Fats forward to part 3 of the book, coming.

Love, love, love!

Sidhe-Ra (Emily Carding), thank you for taking a risk and giving us a treasure like this.

InSearchof

Transparent Tarot

Glad to see you have aquired them.. I have had them for quite some time now and they truly are unique and awesome..particualry for self reads..one thing if I may suggest is that they sort of stick together, as I first noticed when opening..in my birthing/ consecrating process I incorporated a scented talc : ie Sandalwood that lightly coated the cards making them more fluid to handle..helped out alot..
Enjoy your new "keys" Be, Read, See Well.....

rwcarter

So, after all these years, I've found a new way to use my Transparent Tarot. I've been using it for readings lately with a friend. I had an interview yesterday for a gig at a metaphysical bookstore, and I took 4 different decks with me. I did two readings and used the Transparent for the second reading. As the Querent was picking cards, I noticed that there were upside down cards in my deck, something I had resisted doing from the beginning, feeling that the Mirror Image cards would be enough. Well, in this reading, the first and last cards were both upside down. I used the same five cards to do both a Combined Image (CI) and a Film Strip (FS). In this reading those reversed cards clearly indicated blockages to the energy that the Querent needed to upright in order to get the result she desired.

So 5 years later, this old dog can be taught a new trick with this deck!

Rodney

rylla

So, after all these years, I've found a new way to use my Transparent Tarot. I've been using it for readings lately with a friend. I had an interview yesterday for a gig at a metaphysical bookstore, and I took 4 different decks with me. I did two readings and used the Transparent for the second reading. As the Querent was picking cards, I noticed that there were upside down cards in my deck, something I had resisted doing from the beginning, feeling that the Mirror Image cards would be enough. Well, in this reading, the first and last cards were both upside down. I used the same five cards to do both a Combined Image (CI) and a Film Strip (FS). In this reading those reversed cards clearly indicated blockages to the energy that the Querent needed to upright in order to get the result she desired.

So 5 years later, this old dog can be taught a new trick with this deck!

Rodney

Thanks for sharing. I haven't use my deck in years, although I appreciate this deck very much, I believe it was a genial idea to make it like this, very well executed and adds layers to a reading.Time for me to spend some time with it and to mention this deck in the underrated thread as I have the impression that it's a deck that did not get the attention or apreciation it deserves.