The Victorian Romantic Tarot

lunakasha

QueenofPentacles said:
Oh Karen, you're KILLING us! Beautiful ... these type of images were just made to be a Tarot deck, and if you're the one doing it, well ...

Yes, I'll be preordering too!

:bugeyed: *speechless* :bugeyed:

Just.....WOW.....ditto what has already been said.
Both decks are going to be must-haves, of course!

:) Luna

firemaiden

HOLEY MOLEY!!!! Now this one is REALLY my dream deck. This is seriously the deck I've been dreaming of! Where can I pre-order, where do I sign, where do I sign, I want it now...waaaaaaaaaaaaanh!

StLouisTarot

Oooooooo Beautiful!

I want I want. Going on my wish list.

delizt

Too gorgeous....

OMG!!!!

Faints...I MUST have this!!! I am eagerly awaiting the Fantasic Menagerie and now THIS??

baba-prague

Well, I CAN at least show a few cards properly. But I'm afraid that most cards are in sketch stage and even those are changing (we found a book with some amazing engravings in it today - it's a German romance about Oberon - and the engravings are just marvelous quality in every sense - there are two fairies that I just love - proper Victorian fairies if you know what I mean - so out goes one of our sketches and in come these new ones!)

But here are some of those on the box cover - at least you can see the whole card here.

The Lovers are Dante and Beatrice by the way. We had many possibilities for this card, but well, these two won by a mile.

Oh - edited to say - it was this Devil that convinced me to make the deck. Then all I had to do was beg Alex :)

Attachments

• VictorianRomantic_devil.jpg
    VictorianRomantic_devil.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 204
  • VictorianRomantic_world.jpg
    VictorianRomantic_world.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 191
  • VictorianRomantic_2Pent.jpg
    VictorianRomantic_2Pent.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 185
  • VictorianRomantic_lovers.jpg
    VictorianRomantic_lovers.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 189

Unknownspirit

They look great! I'm going to have to start saving so I can get both decks!
There are a lot of good decks coming out this year. I'm going to become poor.

StLouisTarot

It's beautiful. I cant wait to find one of my own and give it a good home. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

baba-prague

Unknownspirit said:
There are a lot of good decks coming out this year. I'm going to become poor.

Well, this one is not out for AGES - and it will be "mass market" price (er, not that our market is very mass LOL), not a limited edition so I promise it won't break the bank. We only plan one limited edition deck this year and that's a very different type of thing.

StLouisTarot

How do we find out what decks are comming out this year? I find I love the softer decks.

Unknownspirit

baba-prague said:
Well, this one is not out for AGES - and it will be "mass market" price (er, not that our market is very mass LOL), not a limited edition so I promise it won't break the bank. We only plan one limited edition deck this year and that's a very different type of thing.
That's good to know. But I have seen the picture for your LE deck and it looks like one I'm going to try to buy. Do you have any pictures to post from that deck?