The Victorian Romantic Tarot

baba-prague

Oh, and I should say too that I know exactly the feeling about this deck, because the tug to do it is very, very strong for me.

I really had to hang on to the idea of this deck and stick with it - it almost didn't happen (it just seemed a hard task to find the sort of engravings we need in the quantity we need - they have come from all over), but also, I just could NOT leave it be!

Unknownspirit

StLouisTarot said:
How do we find out what decks are comming out this year? I find I love the softer decks.

Have you seen the thread about the LS decks for 2006? Most decks start showing some of the cards months before they come out. Like the Graven Images deck should be coming out this year too, just look though theads and you should find many more decks.

baba-prague

Unknownspirit said:
But I have seen the picture for your LE deck and it looks like one I'm going to try to buy. Do you have any pictures to post from that deck?

We really are keeping that one very under wraps as it's three of us - we are working closely with Rachel Pollack - and we want to "okay" images with Rachel first where possible. Yesterday and this Thursday are/were both See of Logos days - and we have a lot of the images half done. It uses animation puppets (we have worked with a puppeteer in Germany and one in Prague - wonderfully interesting).

But maybe it should be shown in 'Creation' when it's ready? - I think that forum is now also showing oracles in progress as well as tarots (this one is an oracle - though a very unusual oracle and maybe it doesn't quite fit any category).

We do get a LOT of pre-order enquiries on See, and I do know that we should be putting out more information, but we really can't until we really are confident of the final date. With tarots we know better how long the work takes, but See has been hard - though a real joy to be able to work on something like this with Rachel.

Oh - ps - that image on our site is not quite final yet - this is the problem with this deck, everything we do gets redone and redone and - well - redone! But this isn't Rachel being difficult (far from it) it's the deck having a total mind of its own.

StLouisTarot

Unknownspirit said:
Have you seen the thread about the LS decks for 2006? Most decks start showing some of the cards months before they come out. Like the Graven Images deck should be coming out this year too, just look though theads and you should find many more decks.

Where is that thread located. I will put it on my watched list. Oooo goodie more ways to spend money! lol JK

StLouisTarot

Thank you!

babyJo

Devil

Look at the look of the devil cards. What a temptation????????

The sweetness you see on her face now with the offering of everything you want...gold, passion, jewels... but there is this haunted feeling of this card.

Could you imagine the face of this pretty lady turn into a dripping blood evil once you give in to the temptation??

I can't wait till it comes out late this year!
~Jo

Cerulean

Very beautiful...

...reminds me, I saw a 'Victorian' style cover to the "Sea Priestess" by Dion Fortune and thought it hypnotically beautiful.

I think I can pretend that passages of Dion Fortune's work inspired you two...

If you ever include "Sea Priestess" and "Moon Magic" style imagery that can relate back to passages that wonderful writer, it would be a lovely tribute...and a thousand times more fitting in my mind...when I saw the Dion Fortune deck, it was a sigh, wincing, head-shaking, heart-sinking experience...just my opinion, her work deserves beautiful Victorian or PreRaphaelite style illustrations...

Cerulean

baba-prague

babyJo said:
Look at the look of the devil cards. What a temptation????????

Her path seems to be strewn with flowers, and you think "how lovely", but when you look closer you realise that she is actually crushing a white lily (symbol of purity) beneath her foot. And that gorgeous trim on her custume? It's a coiling serpent.

I find this to be the Devil as we often really meet him or her. Everything looks so appealing - until you look closer.

Namaste

baba-prague said:
Oh!

Ah. Well, it's there because everything goes in the distributors' catalogue MONTHS (best part of a year) in advance - but we are only a fraction of the way through the work.

Goodness - I put that on the website quietly about 48 hours ago and search engines won't find it for weeks yet - AT-ers are fast !

Mea culpa, Karen. LOL

I have been collecting Cynthia Hart's Victorian calendars for years and absolutely adore Victoriana and art. So..., I am profoundly indebted to you for this new deck which I await with the greatest anticipation. I haven't felt like this about a deck since the Druidcraft. Please say it will definitely appear in the Autumn. I can't wait to see the lovely images. It's like the answer to a prayer. It would be wonderful to see the work progressing, if you have the patience to post it all up on your website.

Yesterday, I acquired your Prague and it is lovely.

May I make one small request? In designing the cards for this new Victorian deck, would it be possible to have some kind of plastified or glossy card stock. I love the feel of decks such as the Animals Divine for this very reason. Thank you so much. It's wonderful that you are a member of this great AT community. :D