The world as what he DOESN'T like about her!

littlesnowbear

I attempted a reading for a friend (I haven't done many for others before). Of course the cards like to throw me a challenge. I got the world in the position of what he doesn't like about her.

The reading was not question specific just about her general relationship with him.

Its a positon I always find hard to interpret. Is it essentially a reversed reading of the card?

Lack of completion? they can't move on or they are at a standstill? (I don't reverse my cards but I find sometimes the cards reversed meaning is appropriate). He doesn't feel like moving forward? He doesn't want to move on?

The interpretation in the gilded tarot book mentions a sense of unity. Possibly that is whats missing?

He doesn't feel he can grow within the relationship?

Or It could mean she doesn't mean the world to him?

Then there is the word of graduation I see often I think tests. Maybe she doesn't "pass the test".

When i try to work it out I seem to come out with things that seem more like the hanging man to me?

Thank you for any help given in advance.

Zephyros

Well, I wouldn't look at it as a lack of something, as in lack of completion as you said, even though it is in a "bad" position. The fact that it is what he doesn't like about her doesn't mean the World turns on its head, it's still the World (unless it's reversed).

I would see it more as over-completion, too results-oriented, maybe she's pushing for commitment too fast (or at all). Maybe she doesn't take the time to enjoy the process, and looks only to the end. Maybe in looking at the bigger picture, that's all she sees and cannot see the details. Maybe she's too set in her ways to change and grow together, too opinionated to let someone else in.

The world denotes form, structure, stability, perhaps heaviness and rigidity. This can be very good for some things, but not for others

littlesnowbear

THank you I see your point. so too much commitment could be freaking him out? Now you mention it I should have seen that! He does freak out a bit about things like that.

I got the tower as the outcome I know its not always bad. I don't know if that could be a revelation/lightning strike that shakes the foundation of the relationship. As we already know about it. Maybe she is just expecting him to change his mind eventually. sometimes even though you know things they still come as a shock( does that make sense?)

Sar

There is nothing there he actually like about her.. ?

littlesnowbear

There is nothing there he actually like about her.. ?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking me what he likes about her? Or are you saying thats what the card means?

PAMUYA

He does not like that she is ready to start a new journey, this part of her life is complete. Perhaps she is far more mature than he.

JoyousGirl

Maybe she wants to be his whole world and he doesn't like that.

I also agree with Sar as it's the first thing that came to my mind.

Padma

I am thinking of what Sar said, and Joyous Girl too - As the World card is made up of many components (animals in the corners, a woman, planets, crossed palm fronds, etc., depending on the deck) maybe he just doesn't like the way bits of her come together as a whole - i.e., he may like the funny way she laughs, or the way she beats him at chess, or how she looks like when she is sleeping, say, but the *whole* of her, the way all the little parts are put together, is not what he wants in a woman, perhaps?

So she may have traits that please him, but on the whole, no, he doesn't like her all that much...? Or possibly he loves her but he doesn't really like her (a whole different kettle of fish, imo!)

Or, quite simply (and i think someone else here mentioned it too) she is too earthy, or animal, for him. Not - socially varnished enough to please his tastes.

Noni

My two cents worth, it can also mean that he does not like how everyone looks at her and she's all out for the world to see...if she's outgoing and gets lot of attention when they are out together or just how people see her, if he's insecure then this might be an issue. As he sees her as confident and complete not needing him...a world onto herself in some ways.
Hope this helps in some way.