Thoth Deck Printing History

fyreflye

Since we already know that the box is a completely blank white with a thumb notch on one side for removing the deck I can't imagine how a picture of it could tell us anything more.

Patrick Booker

I thought people wanted to see the images. Is that the case?

Patrick

gregory

Well I want to see it and so does Mary, I think.

fyreflye

gregory said:
Well I want to see it and so does Mary, I think.

Well, then, maybe you two should chip in for the digital camera :D

Seriously, what do you expect to learn from a picture of a blank white box?

The crowned one

fyreflye said:
Seriously, what do you expect to learn from a picture of a blank white box?

It is the mystery revealed perhaps, rather then learning anything I think... Just to see it, like the Blarney stone...put it in a field of like rocks and you could never pick it out... but separate it, and give it a story, well it is worth seeing...like this white box.

gregory

What it looks like - for the record. As TCO says. And also - it should be recorded in RLG's files, for completeness.

And I have already offered a photographer by PM.

Teheuti

Several of the cards should be scanned - ones where we can really see the blank faces, please. It would be nice to see the box, too, so we can have it on record. Do the best you can. Buy only if you'd want to have the camera or scanner anyway. Like you said, a neighbor probably has something you can use.

Yes, a scan of the cards would be preferable, and a photo of the box, but make do with whatever you can get ahold of.

gregory

Said relative - if co-operative - would be up for that stuff.

ETA and if not - as I say, when I get back, I will do it myself (and that would mean a 200 mile drive each way - but it's fascinating !)

Probably a library has a scanner - ours does....

Debra

The box may be from another deck, or handmade. The blank faces are what's catching my attention.

Patrick Booker

I think that there might have been a misunderstanding here. When I talked about blank faces, I meant that all the sides/faces of the box were blank. I did not mean that there were blank cards.

As I try to remember where it came from, I wonder if I could have bought it by post from Watkins Bookshop, London, but I am not certain.

Patrick