Thoth OOP???

Queen of Disks

I wanted to get a spare.....

Crud. :bugeyed:

Myrrha

Queen of Disks said:
I wanted to get a spare.....

Crud. :bugeyed:

Look around Borders and Barnes and Noble, or wherever you buy decks. There might be one or two still on the shelves.

Queen of Disks

I am planning to do just that when I have money.

Grizabella

Nah. I'm not a Thoth-ee but I can't believe it would go out of print. It's too much of an old standard.

Nevada

OMG, I didn't think that was possible! But I just checked a few sites and you're right. I have to say, it worries me even though I have a couple of spare decks in the house -- mostly old and getting worn.

cardlady22

US Games reply to question

"Thank you for your email. This title is out of stock and we do not have a date of availability. Sorry."

------------------
Dear U.S. Games Systems Administrator:
This e-mail has been sent to you because a visitor on the web site has either requested to be contacted or chosen to leave feedback. If the user has requested to be contacted, please ensure a timely response!

Department: orders_department
Subject: Thoth decks
Message: When I entered a search for 'thoth' I was surprised to see only the small Spanish deck listed. Are you going out of print, or just out of stock at the moment?

Onyx

While I am becoming a pretty big Liber T devote, I might just have to get a thoth as a back up. I have my trimmed deck, which is great but I just kinda want to makes sure I have one.

Thoth out of print! All fortunetelling jokes aside, who could have guessed that this would happen?

I think I saw one at my local Borders not long ago, better go check.

Onyx.

shadowdancer

is it a case of being sidelined in recent years due to the absolute influx of decks on the market? I guess when you are one of a handful, you have a chance of becoming an iconic deck. remember, it has been around for a very long time and in a way was one of the trail blazers. Now? I reckon there are only a small minority who use it regularly. Certainly on this forum, I have not picked up any vibe that it is one of those decks that is a desert island one if that makes sense.

If that is the case, have sales dwindled over the years?

And if that is the case, could that lead to decisions to cut back on production?

Davina