Thoth OOP???

The crowned one

I just sold one on E-bay for 5.00 bucks I do not think they will be too hard to get cheap for a while longer.

Abrac

The economy might have something to do with it. As stocks run out merchants may simply not be reordering until we see exactly where this is going.

Manipura

Wow, can't believe it would ever get out of print........... Got me thinking of buying the small and large deck imidiatly, couse here in the Netherlands they are still available!! What to do, what to do........ The version I have is in Dutch, but when it really would go OOP I want to have the US games versions as well.
And I just decided that I was going to buy me a deck I didn't already have on my trip to Amsterdam this Monday...........

gregory

Wow - I am so glad I have more than one and no I am not selling..... They are all large (well, three are) but also all different !

firefrost

The Magick Thread that I often use as a 'fall back' has four copies of the green box one and none of the grey.

I'm by no means any sort of expert but if asked I'd have said that this would stay in print forever.

gregory

I think what people fear is the loss of the large format one; the new standard is regular sized....

firefrost

Ahh...Fair 'nuff!

sapienza

Late last year I ordered a pocket edition from the UK and instead of the AGMuller one I got a US Games edition, printed in China, with THE worst quality printing and colours I've ever seen. I complained and got a refund and I posted info about it in one of the Thoth threads about the different versions. It prompted me to go out and get an extra copy of the large and medium sizes, in case they decided to print all the editions in China. But, seeing I don't use the deck exclusively, I came to the conclusion that 6 different copies of the Thoth deck was just plain crazy. So I sold one of my medium ones just before Christmas. I should have trusted my instincts and am now wondering if I should try and pick up another large edition. If US games decide to reprint rather than AGMuller does that mean we'll end up with super-shiny plastic laminated Thoth decks instead of the divine decks printed by AGMuller???? That's my real fear!

sapienza

gregory said:
It's in my local Waterstone's (well, it was last Tuesday....)

Somerville has them. So do tarotchest. And amazon UK. And bookdepository....

But I must confess tarotgarden seem to be out....

Book Depository don't seem to have the large edition available, and they have the medium size one listed for 27.57 Stirling (sorry, no pound key on computers over here) which seems very expensive. And Amazon UK seem to only have used versions of the large edition starting at about 50 pounds. Crazy!