Thoughts On Tarot Addiction

Annabelle

I am a tarot collector, as the majority of you know. I love my collection, and use many of the decks, though there are some that I choose not to for whatever reason.

I collect because I love the art. I'm not in search of the "one perfect deck" or anything like that; if all I wanted to do was read tarot, well then I've got the RWS - what else do I need? (Answer, for me anyway - "nothing"). But I continue to buy decks because they are beautiful and because they continually add to my understanding of and appreciation of tarot. I enjoy my decks; if others don't understand it, that's okay with me.

As for the matter of addiction - last year I think I may have been very close to having a shopping addiction. My behavior certainly bears that out. I was miserable in my job and in other aspects of my life. I had money to spare - so I bought . . . and bought . . . and bought to make myself happy. If there wasn't a package coming in the mail I got nervous. Now, the shopping addiction (if that's what it was) is definitely over. It has to be, as I now have half the income that I used to and my SO and I are trying to save for a downpayment on a house. (Also, I'm happy with my job now, so I don't need something coming in the mail to cheer me up.) Sure, you'll still spot my posts in the "What are you awaiting in the mail?" thread, but I'm waiting for a heck of a lot less now than I would have been at this time last year, that's for certain!

Edgar

I'm on my way to become an addict! ;) .. Wait! Ok! Now I'm an addict!!

I bought the Thoth Tarot 2 months ago and just today, I bought a new one to get the 2 extra Magus!! The new age shop that sells, among other things, tarot deck is at about a 5 minutes walk form my place!!.. Not sure it's a good thing!.. Also! I bought 5 decks form the Deck-a-Palooza thing going on right now at Tarot Garden! Way to start a collection!

My girlfriend didn't want any because they are pre-owned decks and she fears bad energy but I kind of like the idea of pre-owned decks! Maybe one of them belonged to a very powerful witch! :)

Anyway! Back to the addiction! Since I got my first deck (2 months ago) I bought a load of tarot related books (I have 2 more waiting delivery from Amazon!) and my wishlist, either on Froogle or Amazon, is pretty full of "to be bought" books and decks. But, to be honest, I very much like this addiction and I really hope that it won't go away anytime soon! I'll just have to pay a closer attention to my budget!

.. I need to by my first oracle deck soon!!.. ;)

What about tarotforum.net addiction?? This place is great! I can't get enough! :D