three of pentacles

kerupuk

i want to see the feeling of my lover. he's go abroad for working. after some drawing..two times i get three of pentacles. what does it mean in love perspective ? is it mean that he concentrate on his job right now ?

Thirteen

kerupuk said:
i want to see the feeling of my lover. he's go abroad for working. after some drawing..two times i get three of pentacles. what does it mean in love perspective ? is it mean that he concentrate on his job right now ?
Yeah, that's what it means. He's feeling the pressures of his job, the need to do it well and please his bosses.

I wouldn't fret about this or call and bother him. The cards seem to be telling you to not distract him right now. Put the cards away and go out for the evening. Let your lover focus on this work, so that he can focus on you when he's done.

GoddessArtemis

Thirteen said:
Yeah, that's what it means. He's feeling the pressures of his job, the need to do it well and please his bosses.

I wouldn't fret about this or call and bother him. The cards seem to be telling you to not distract him right now. Put the cards away and go out for the evening. Let your lover focus on this work, so that he can focus on you when he's done.
From what I understand of kerupuk's question, it was about her significant other's feeling, which is shown in the 3 of Pentacles. Being busy with work isn't a "feeling," is it? Perhaps it might mean he feels that you're both working together and have an understanding of how to make the relationship work, including..at this point, understanding that he's concentrating on his job..perhaps to enhance your future together? Just a thought. :)

Beyond that, I'm personally a little lost when it comes to Pentacles, but especially the 3 of Pentacles, as far as someone's feelings.

GA

GenoviaJ

It could mean that he is "supportive" of you and he "feels" that you are supportive of him. Both of your realize he is doing what he is doing to reach mutual financial goals. He appreciates your support.

Not sure what deck you are using, but with rw- notice the focus is on a column, a support system and each person in the image is being supported by the other in performing their skill.

If he was engrossed in his work I would expect to see a 8 of pentacle.

Thirteen

GoddessArtemis said:
From what I understand of kerupuk's question, it was about her significant other's feeling, which is shown in the 3 of Pentacles. Being busy with work isn't a "feeling," is it?
It depends. If the question was "What is he feeling for me?" then he may indeed be feeling supportive and such of her. But if her question was "What is he feeling?" and that's all, then whatever he's feeling is what he's feeling related to her or not. And given that he's gone off to work, and the 3/Pents is very much a work card, I'd say that pretty much gives weight to this being a card where feelings relate to work, not to her.

As for whether being busy at work is a "feeling"--no, but he could be feeling the pressure of work, the need to get things done, etc. These are, indeed, feelings. Haven't you ever felt such things when under a deadline? Or even more, a desire to just be productive? That's most certainly a feeling one can have. Likewise pride if your work gets commended, as 3/Pents also suggests.

Thirteen

GenoviaJ said:
If he was engrossed in his work I would expect to see a 8 of pentacle.
8/Pents would certainly suggest that as well, but I don't think it's more or less a card about being engrossed in work than the 3/Pents. The 3/Pents, after all, is a card that shows a craftsman trying to get businessmen to invest in what he's creating so that he can continue it.

Not knowing what this guy does, I've no idea if this is literal or not. But the image of a man engaged in important meetings that could further his career would seem to agree with the interpretation of being engrossed in his work.

GenoviaJ

However, in romantic situations it has been my experience that his card references support systems or supportive feelings. He may even feel like he is doing what he is doing in support of the relationship.

I don't think her intention of the reading was lost by lack of proper wording, the intent was to discern how he feels about her or the relationship (an emotional feeling) and the cards provided an "emotional" response IMO.

An emotional response to this card is "support"- everyone and everything is being supported. Even the three pentacles form a support system. I highly respect your expertise Thirteen, but I stand my ground on this one.

Thirteen

GenoviaJ said:
the intent was to discern how he feels about her or the relationship
I didn't get that but I could certainly be wrong. What I got was someone who was checking up on their lover to see, literally, how they were feeling. Not someone who was insecure about how their lover felt about them and their relationship and so needed to know.

But even if that WAS the case, that still doesn't negate her first instinctive interpretation of that card--and that it came up twice in emphasis. Sometimes the cards tell us things we need to know, rather than answering our question, often because we already know the answer to that question. So maybe she did feel insecure and wanted to know if he's still in love with her. Maybe the answer is yes...but rather than give her that answer with an over-flowing cup card, the cards gave her this one...to let her know what was going on with him so she can be supportive of him and his needs, rather than continuing to worry and pull card after card trying to find out something that, in her heart, she already knows.

Sometimes we readers twist cards or try to stuff them into those round holes, demanding that they fit the question we asked, instead of seeing that they're really square pegs trying to tell us something else entirely. Something relatively simple and direct that we need to know. We want the answer we're after so badly, we'd rather bend the card meaning out of shape to make it fit that question rather than think that there might be something else we ought to understand.

I could be wrong, but I'm getting a surprisingly strong feeling about this card, and that's what's coming to mind. I think her initial answer, that first instinct was right.

kerupuk

thank you for your all response.

i've ever come to fortune teller who use bridge card instead of tarot card. when i draw 4 card from him i got 7 diamond and some other cards ..spades and heart. he told me as long as there is diamond it means he posses me. diamond ( pentacles) is stronger than heart ( cups). diamond means possesion while heart means love or flirting.

so..it may also mean..if i get pentacles , it means he posses me..not just love.

i use three spread . the first draw i get magician, king of swords and three of pentacles. two days after that i draw 3 cards again and get three of pentacles again and another pentacles ( nine or ten ).

last night i bit hopeless about him and think that i can't wait anymore, i should move on with my life. forget him and open my heart for others. so this morning i try to draw again to know should i forget him. i got lovers, ace of cup and another cup card. is it mean..i should stick to him.

GenoviaJ

kerupuk said:
so..it may also mean..if i get pentacles , it means he posses me..not just love.
I can certainly see it as him showing you off as one of his accomplishments. He would feel good about that too- as well as how well he takes care of you.
There are profound cultural implications in your understanding (sense of pride...etc), the cards and this is perhaps what others overlooked. Western Canon- perceiving the world through a tiny lens and boxing it to fit one culture.

That is the beauty of this forum and the world wide web, it helps us to think outside the box and outside the confines of out little understanding of the world.

Thank you for sharing that understanding with me.