To those who use Tarot everyday, how long do your cards last you?

Alea

Hi there ATers! So, basically, how long do your cards last you? shuffling everyday, fingered and grabbed on, how do they feel to you? :)

Luna-Ocean

I can get through a new deck within a few years i have been using my RW deck for doing daily readings and now the cards are well worn and tattered, i really do need to replace it?

ana luisa

Tricky question. My oldest decks last longer because the stock then was infinitely better and more durable. Now, many decks come in a stock SO thin, after a week of careful shuffling, they start showing THE BEND :bugeyed:

nisaba

Hi there ATers! So, basically, how long do your cards last you? shuffling everyday, fingered and grabbed on, how do they feel to you? :)

I have twenty year old decks which I shuffle every or almost every day, and two of them are near-perfect. The SOL is starting to have some of its colour fade, but the actual card is fine, as is the Granny Jones.

You gotta remember that there are cards around that were hand-painted nearly 600 years ago now, that still exist.

Zephyros

I use only one deck, and I've used it for many years now. It's ten years old, but I've only used it intensively for about five. I use it every day, although I am careful with it, and it's still in great condition, and it's through a lot.

CrystalSun

My first tarot deck lasted me almost two years and I was doing tarot daily. Now with my current one I hope it will last me longer since I am not doing tarot daily anymore.

Apollonia

It usually takes about three years for my Universal Waite to get so worn and funky that I don't want to use it anymore and need a new one.

Zephyros

I think that if you don't riffle-shuffle them, there's no limit how long they keep.

ana luisa

I must be doing something terribly wrong with my decks then... I recently received the Steampunk by Moore, and I DO NOT riffle shuffle ever. I was quite careful with the cards and they already have a bend . Coud it be because it's ridiculously humid in Rio ? Do they get flimsier, perhaps ?

Cocobird55

The only deck I've come close to wearing out is my Victorian Romantic Gold. I used it for two or three years. It's still pretty, but feels very floppy when I shuffle it.