Tourmaline

Phoenix

This is one of my favorite gems, although I only own one piece of the Black Tourmaline. Black tourmaline is a great stone for dealing with negativity. In Crystal Medicine by Margurite Elsbeth, she says that black tourmaline will deflect negativity, instead of merely absorbing it.

There are other forms of tourmaline as well. It can be black(most common) red, pink, pink with green around it(watermelon tourmaline), green, and blue. They all work in much the same way as quartz.

Black tourmaline can also sometimes be found in quartz crystals. The black tourmaline will greatly magnify the effects of the quartz.

I also use black tourmaline in conjunction with other crystals to enhance their power.

So, what do you use tourmaline for?

napaea

i don't have any black tourmaline, but do have blue and green...i might have pink, i'd have to look.
so far i don't really "do" anything with them, or use them for anything yet, other than readings. i have my stones/gems in a velvet bag, & when i do a reading i stick my hand in the bag & pull out the one that "needs" to help me.

i would love to find out more info on this stone though...

Sea Sprite

Does the other colored tourmaline deflect negativity like the black tourmaline? I think I have a piece of pink tourmaline but hope to one day get black tourmaline. :)

Sea Sprite

Phoenix

I don't think so...pink tourmaline is good for emotional healing, and healing of the heart, as well as love. I see black in general as being a colour that deals with negativity.

I find that tourmaline is a great energy boosting stone, regardless of colour. Black boosts the energy of stones around it. I use it in almost all of my spells.

Sea Sprite

Can tourmaline be used as an elixir?

LeaRay

I have black and pink Tourmaline. I haven't used them much in spells, not too sure how to use stones in magick , but Im interested in learning how though.

Blessings!
LeaRay

rostie

i just love tourmaline!!! at this moment i have a black one, a green one and since recently a red one with white crossing the red and with a green point...

it's a really good stone for healing! and i've noticed that my plants who are sicklove it too ;) with a green one they heal, and come alive again...i believe mossagate has the same effect on plants...you can heal them with water where a stone has been in it for one night or just put the stone with the plant...

the different colors have a specific name:
red/pink is rubellite
green is verdelite
green and pink is watermelontourmaline
black is schorl
and blue is indocolite
next to this you have a orange one and violet one too but i have never seen this two before

if you are interested i know a page who has the specific qualities of them all...

here it is:
http://www.mahatma.co.uk/crystal_manual/crystals/tourmaline.htm

Phoenix

Wow! Thanks for posting that link Rostie! I really want to get some more tourmaline. I find that they are great energy boosters!

DarkElectric

I love tourmaline!
I have a chip necklace with green, pink, black, and blue in it. I wear it for protection, and to balance out my energies when I'm feeling stressed or wonky.
I also have a huge piece of black tourmaline (schorl).
I use it to ground out after meditations, or if I start channeling in meditative trance by accident, I grab the thing before I'm too gone and ground out right away. (I have a problem returning from channel trances. It's why I avoid channeling if I can.)
I also find it deflects neggie, and it can do this just by sitting around in the environment. It's a huge stone, so it makes a real environmental impact. And, my room looks like a rock shop anyway, I have so much stuff here. It all acts as an impromptu grid, so I get the benefit of it working together.