Trevisan's Renaissance

moderndayruth

gregory said:
I like the Crystal better, to be honest.
Ok, definitely added to the wish list! ;)

Freddie

I'm ashamed to admit it lol..., but I like The Crystal as well. I like the healing/soft colouring of this deck

Freddie

moderndayruth

Freddie said:
I'm ashamed to admit it lol..., but I like The Crystal as well. I like the healing/soft colouring of this deck

Freddie

Nah, you shouldn't be ashamed... :|

I just got it myslef, mwahahahhaaa!!! }) }) })

Its absolutely beautiful!!!!! And it reads just great!!!
Love it :heart:

And i do feel that these two, Renessaince and Crystal somehow go together.... ;)

Cerulean

Better late than never...and have you checked the Romantici 22 card deck sometimes

available by the same Giorgio Trevisan?

When I looked him up on the internet, he was

//www.dandare.info/artists/trevisan.htm

...and a score of google image links.

Someone said Elisabetta of the Crystals Tarot is actually his daughter (although I thought it was his wife at one point long time ago).

I had not thought of this, but my best and lasting) love and I did kind of first get together at the Renissance Faire. That was a fun memory and perhaps lingered in my mind when I first got the small 78 card version of this deck with the funny printed 'standard' meaning cards and the lime/delicate brown ink backs. But oddly enough, even though we went to a few 'Faires' since then, it seems what I like best about this deck is also when I go to a good Faire... it is not too serious, it's like a good and sweetish relaxation....and there is the same tone to my readings.

I want to describe it like a series of characters collected in a deck...like a favored collection of short fantasy stories somewhere that I enjoyed that was talking on the Renissance Faire theme. I sometimes pair it with small versions of the 22 card Romantici and read with those majors instead of the regular set...but I'm fond of the original 78 card Trevisan version that I have too.

One reason this came up again recently is I looked at my gold-edged inked version that I 'improved' and a pristine copy that I had somehow found once....and oddly, a small old version showed up again for me at the cost of small, regular mass-market deck. It was my little treasure showing up again in a clean copy. So I've been reunited with one of my favorite cast of odd characters.

Cerulean

Saturnina

I have this deck (it's my first and so far my only one) and I love it. It's beautiful and readable enough for a beginner like me.

kalliope

Cerulean, I've lusted after the majors-only Romantici (Albideuter links are allowed, IIRC, because they have permission for the images). It's gorgeous! I really wish it were a full deck. :(

But I did somewhat recently get the Renaissance, and I think it's lovely. I love the watercolors! Like moderndayruth mentioned in her first post, there are some cards that seem switched in meaning, and I wonder about the purpose of the deviations from tradition. If they were changed through the deck, it wouldn't be nearly as strange as putting a scene with a very traditional meaning in a different place in the deck.

I find it to be very storybook-like, and think it would be great for reading in such a way that you create a story from the cards in the spread. I haven't read much with it, I'll admit, but I always mean to. But I take it out sometimes if I'm considering thinning out my decks, and once I flip through it I fall for it all over again.

Cerulean

Red robed might be Dante

..or an alchemist, who might be seen in a Florentine festival ?

Ah, imagination sparks...

Wynter_Wytch

I don't know if this is helpful or not. My husband and I were recently visiting relatives in Indiana, and I picked up a copy of this deck, mini version, at the Half Price Bookstore on the NW side, 86th and Ditch Rd. They had a few, and I think I only paid around $8 for it, new and sealed. I am not sure if other Half Price Bookstores get the same inventory or not, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Wynter Wytch

Le Fanu

I don't know if this is helpful or not. My husband and I were recently visiting relatives in Indiana, and I picked up a copy of this deck, mini version, at the Half Price Bookstore on the NW side, 86th and Ditch Rd. They had a few, and I think I only paid around $8 for it, new and sealed. I am not sure if other Half Price Bookstores get the same inventory or not, but I thought I'd toss it out there.
These bargain-priced mini Renaissance decks are flung far and wide. Me too - very far far from Indiana, in another continent in fact - I picked up a cut price mini. They had them in stock here recently, in a French chain store, 4 euros (I think.) I picked up four to give as gifts.

Then I saw them cut price in the UK remainder bookstore The Works. I also saw the LoS I-Ching deck. They must have printed too many of those mini Renaissances...

gregory

These bargain-priced mini Renaissance decks are flung far and wide. Me too - very far far from Indiana, in another continent in fact - I picked up a cut price mini. They had them in stock here recently, in a French chain store, 4 euros (I think.) I picked up four to give as gifts.

Then I saw them cut price in the UK remainder bookstore The Works. I also saw the LoS I-Ching deck. They must have printed too many of those mini Renaissances...

In the WORKS ????

WHICH store ? They sure as hell don't have them in Carlisle :(