Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

AJ

The current links in all four sections have been checked and all broken links eliminated.
Photoshack was the big problem, they've changed servers or something.
Lots of flicker photos long gone.

If you know your links were good please PM me with deck name and link. Thanks

I'll start adding the new links from post 228 on shortly.

Laura Borealis

Thank you for doing this, AJ. :thumbsup: It's a big job!

greatdane

QUESTION re needing a corner rounder

OK I have a few decks that have white borders and rounded edges AND the inside image ALREADY has rounded corners. SO suggestions on just trimming around the outer edge of the inside image that is ALREADY rounded? I know there are so many posts and this is likely in several places, but I am having trouble locating what to do if you are trimming a deck that has the inside image already rounded. To be honest, the rounder worries me more than the trimming. Is an exacto knife best? I may just wind up taking to a printer...

BodhiSeed

OK I have a few decks that have white borders and rounded edges AND the inside image ALREADY has rounded corners. SO suggestions on just trimming around the outer edge of the inside image that is ALREADY rounded? I know there are so many posts and this is likely in several places, but I am having trouble locating what to do if you are trimming a deck that has the inside image already rounded. To be honest, the rounder worries me more than the trimming. Is an exacto knife best? I may just wind up taking to a printer...

Can you give us an idea of the decks you're talking about? I definitely would not use an exacto knife!

greatdane

Thanks BodhiSeed

the BIERI Lenormand, the Tarot for Cats Majors only deck, the Lenormand Oracle (by Gina di Roberto). Many don't have large borders, but in the case of Tarot for Cats, the images are so big, the borders make it even harder for me to shuffle. The Bieri I think would look much better trimmed. All the decks All the decks I have mentioned and am thinking about have somewhat rounded borders (the Lenormand Oracle has kind of strange inside borders, not totally round, not square).

FLizarraga

Thinking about trimming, GD?

In my experience, both the outer corners of the borders and the corners of rounded are usually done at either 3mm or 5mm --this one being the most common of the two. So a corner rounder matching that measurement should give a perfect or near-perfect result.

BodhiSeed

In my experience, both the outer corners of the borders and the corners of rounded are usually done at either 3mm or 5mm --this one being the most common of the two. So a corner rounder matching that measurement should give a perfect or near-perfect result.

I agree with Fliz. :) There are different sizes, so you could use an index card or something to get an idea how much corner you would cut off.

FLizarraga

Judging by your description, the Lenormand Oracle's corners are either 3mm or 2.5mm --that's how they look. 5mm borders look definitely round to the eye.

the BIERI Lenormand, the Tarot for Cats Majors only deck, the Lenormand Oracle (by Gina di Roberto). Many don't have large borders, but in the case of Tarot for Cats, the images are so big, the borders make it even harder for me to shuffle. The Bieri I think would look much better trimmed. All the decks All the decks I have mentioned and am thinking about have somewhat rounded borders (the Lenormand Oracle has kind of strange inside borders, not totally round, not square).

Sassenach

They all look great. Trimming the Comic looks like if could feel like and entirely more personal deck. Great job!

Another trimmer here,
Sassenach

BodhiSeed

Just took scissors and a corner rounder to the Earth Power Oracle. The phrases on the cards were just too full of fluff for me (one card used the term "flowfulness"). I used a gold Sharpie oil-based paint pen to put page numbers on the back of the cards so I could identify them in the booklet. I figure I can google the sites for information and come up with my own meanings.

Attachments

• EarthPower.jpg
    EarthPower.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 367
  • EarthPowerBk.jpg
    EarthPowerBk.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 327