two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

Lee

Thank you, Nina*! How strange, I don't see this subforum from the Oracles forum menu...

Nina*

That really is strange, yes. :confused:

Astraea

faunabay said:
Ohhhh, one more thing. :D

I did hear back from Jeannette at Tarot Garden. She says she's having troubles with her german distributor right now so doesn't want to ask about anything new until they get the "old" problems fixed.

But she did also tell me they get a stray lenormand deck every once in a while that she doesn't even list. She's offered to email me when she gets them in. I'll pass it on when she does. Of course only if I don't want it first. **ROFL**
It's great that she got back to you and she's aware of the need for Blue Owls! That's good information about the Amazon Marketplace seller, too. Thanks Faunabay!

Asher

Halloween treat after a trick!

DHL did not deliver my book as scheduled yesterday, grrrr, but it's here today on Hallow's Eve!!!! A nice treat indeed!

Unfortunately, I cannot curl up in my favorite chair and read...I need to get ready for our Supper for the Dead in which I am co-officiating. I wrote part of the ritual and am very excited about doing it. Can't read tomorrow night either, as I have to collect my notes and handouts for my Saturday astrology class, and friday night, I'm going to the theatre. So, my first chunk of time to begin Sylvie's book will either be Saturday night, or more likely Sunday while I'm doing laundry.

But I have my Mystical deck, which arrived early, and I am looking forward to my 1st readings!

Asher

Astraea

Wow, Asher, that's a full schedule! Glad you got the book, you will have a nice study time to look forward to after the festivities! Hope you have a great time tonight.

Did you know about the Lenormand study group Sylvie has formed? Here's the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87553 It's exciting!

MatPoint

Hi,

I have many Lenormand decks but Blue Owl is my favorite. It's Incredibly easy to read, and that's weird as the symbols are the same in other decks despite of the direction of some cards.

Let me express a reasonable doubt about Syilvie's meanings and methods. I just don't think there is anything special in changing meanings of cards and a simple spread that is not that much special. Of course You can tell the difference between love relationships and phisical relationships with the classical lenormand meanings and methods. If she doesn't know how to do it, it doesn't mean it is not possible.

You can read Lenormand with the classical meanings and get accurate readings. All her claims are just selling words, a way to sell her new product about something that is not new at all.

I'd like to see one of her so called "accurate readings", I bet they aren't more accurate than Gavriela's ones.

She can be good at reading Lenormand's Sylvie style, but her method is not better than the classical one, as she claims.

I respect Sylvie, but it is just a matter of common sense.

Mat

6 Haunted Days

MatPoint said:
Hi,

I have many Lenormand decks but Blue Owl is my favorite. It's Incredibly easy to read, and that's weird as the symbols are the same in other decks despite of the direction of some cards.

Let me express a reasonable doubt about Syilvie's meanings and methods. I just don't think there is anything special in changing meanings of cards and a simple spread that is not that much special. Of course You can tell the difference between love relationships and phisical relationships with the classical lenormand meanings and methods. If she doesn't know how to do it, it doesn't mean it is not possible.

You can read Lenormand with the classical meanings and get accurate readings. All her claims are just selling words, a way to sell her new product about something that is not new at all.

I'd like to see one of her so called "accurate readings", I bet they aren't more accurate than Gavriela's ones.

She can be good at reading Lenormand's Sylvie style, but her method is not better than the classical one, as she claims.

I respect Sylvie, but it is just a matter of common sense.

Mat

I wanted to point out that I think a huge reason we're going gaga here is that finally there is a book in English! I've wanted to learn Lenormand for years, many other countries have books, methods, styles, teachers etc. Here in the US? Nada! So this is exciting and a breakthrough.

I'm sure there other are very brillant methods for reading this deck, I wish I had the ability to know all these different methods and styles, is there any english language site that teaches this?

I wanted to ask as well, so Sylvie's book changes the card meanings from the traditional? Her methods are drastically different than what the majority of Len users use?

Sheri

One thing to remember is that when you buy a book or take a class, you are offering yourself to be exposed to another's point of view/technique or approach. No one can force another to read a particular way and no singular person's approach or interpretations are any less valid than another's. The key is that through exposure to the different approaches, one can "tweak" their own methods.

valeria

6 Haunted Days

valeria said:
One thing to remember is that when you buy a book or take a class, you are offering yourself to be exposed to another's point of view/technique or approach. No one can force another to read a particular way and no singular person's approach or interpretations are any less valid than another's. The key is that through exposure to the different approaches, one can "tweak" their own methods.

valeria

Very good point. I of course do this with Tarot, but with the Lenormand the resources are so limited :(....well if you only speak 1 language!