two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

faunabay

Sylvie Steinbach said:
OK my PM are getting more exciting that this thread! So if no one minds I would love to see the people I talked to on PM to post some of their new found wisdom and new experiences on the threat so others can read and learn from them. I will never reveal your ID or get detailled on your inquiries on PM but yourself should share your new found knowledge of the cards to anyone who still hesitate or don't understand what a Lenormand can really do. And that it will leave the tarot in the dust! Just kidding!
Kindly

Sylvie

Right now I am wondering if the lenormand decks will leave tarot in the dust for me! LOL At least for readings.

My question was pretty personal about someone else here on aeclectic so I'm not going to give any details. But just say that this little journey I went through about this one reading - which turned into 3 by the way LOL - has been very eye opening about what the lenormand can and will do for you. There were things that came up that were so specific and so on the mark that it was beyond amazing.

I did the first reading thinking it would be an emotional reading with maybe a bit of health issues involved. Well the answer was pretty scary saying the person was pretty much screwed. :( But in doing a reading focusing just on the health issue more information came out that explained things much better. I'm going to do a third reading asking how the person could make improvements on the health issues. I'll see what comes up.

So this has shown me how it's much better to do more readings to explain things better than just going with the little bit of information you get at the beginning. Unlike tarot the lenormand gives you concrete, physical things to know instead of abstract ideas to meditate on.

And I love Sylvie's no lay out method. Now I do have to point out I haven't tried any other way of doing it **LOL** but I do love the ease of the no lay out way of doing it.

Sylvie Steinbach

Lenormand's features

The cards can reveal underlying issues that if you investigate by doing several readings with a detective mind can lead you to uncover the roots of the problem. The messages are down to the meat and potatoes and do not leave much room for interpretation. You do not even have to be a believer! I explain: you can see things in the course of your reading that even if you do not believe it can be true if it is the truth will reveal or happen no matter what. It can get spooky -just in time for Holloween! It is tough to do readings with a Lenormand just for fun when you know 'how' to use the cards. People who don't know how to use the cards will never get to that level so they can play fortune telling innocently. People who know how to unleash the power of the oracle won't fool around with it because of its depth. Thank you Faunabay to demonstrate this point so well.
sylvie

Gavriela

I can certainly attest to that. I'm not familiar with Sylvie's methods (post from the United States is running at 9-10 weeks now, don't know what's going on), but I've been reading Lenormand for a long time, and I've developed my own quirks along the way.

Occasionally my jaw still drops at some of the readings--because they are so specific, and some of them happen so fast. I've had a health issue that has been going on for a long time, and we had no idea what it was. Started pulling Clover + Key all the time - knew we'd find it, and soon. Then started getting into a bit more stuff with the cards for the right direction to look - and sure enough, that's what it was.

And it's not just happened for me - it's happened for clients, too. Not just about health, but anything under the sun you can think of. I'll give you this one, because it was so cool--and it did indeed turn out to describe somebody the client was about to meet perfectly. The first three cards went straight down (I often use a 36 card board, though not always), last card to the right.

It was:

Book
Park
House + Key

Okay - this described an older gentleman who is a 33rd degree mason. I'll show you how, with some simple keywords:

The Book - secrets
The Park - public

Okay - put those together, and we have a member of a public secret society. But which one?

The House - well, masons build houses, and the House is also the Cups King, which usually denotes an older gentleman. The Park + House could also show a place where meetings are held.

As for the 33rd degree - look at the card number of the Key - 33. I have no idea if keys are important in masonic symbolism, but this one was descriptive to a T.

I'll always love tarot, but it's for something else. If you need specifics - take the time to learn Lenormand.

Nina*

I love these readings of yours, Gavriela.

Amazing stuff! Thank you!

:heart:

Astraea

The Lenormand and tarot are so different that I think of them as apples and oranges. There is very little "head-scratching" with the LN -- with just a little reflection, the messages are usually clear and unequivocal. This is true even for daily draws and combinations.

I draw two cards per day and leave them face-down until evening so that events and emotions throughout the day are not influenced by the images. At night, I review the day and ask myself which cards might best describe what happened; then when I turn them over, it is surprising how often at least one of those imagined cards is actually in the daily combination, and when neither appears I invariably -- invariably, mind you -- am able to identify another set of circumstances that the cards do describe (to a tee).

And these are things I didn't know about in advance. The other day I drew Fish + Book, which clearly said "bank deposit" to me (Fish representing finances and Book symbolizing bookkeeping, literally). I was puzzled, because I certainly was not expecting any money. Yet when I checked my mail, I discovered that a refund check had been automatically deposited in my bank account.

And the nifty thing about drawing LN combos (which is much better than drawing single cards, since combinations are the keys to the LN) is that you don't have to have an eventful day for them to be on-target. On days when you stay home and read or watch TV, the cards will describe ideas which have preoccupied you, and even the nature of your daily chores. It's amazing.

When I used to do daily draws with tarot, I would frequently say "huh?" when I turned the card over at the end of the day; sometimes it was a real stretch to understand the application. I've come to the conclusion that for me, at least, prognostication of that kind is not a task for which tarot is best-suited. As Sylvie said earlier, tarot is good at describing the big picture, the context of one's questions; it requires more room to maneuver. It seems to me that tarot and LN are complementary because they are related, but they are not the same animal.

Sylvie Steinbach

Creation of a study group.

For those of you who may be interested: I just created a study group over Oracles study group. Please register so that I know who and how many will be attended by posting your participation. I will receive an email automatically and you can PM as well. Thanks.

faunabay

Astraea said:
I draw two cards per day and leave them face-down until evening so that events and emotions throughout the day are not influenced by the images. At night, I review the day and ask myself which cards might best describe what happened; then when I turn them over, it is surprising how often at least one of those imagined cards is actually in the daily combination, and when neither appears I invariably -- invariably, mind you -- am able to identify another set of circumstances that the cards do describe (to a tee).

I really like this idea Astraea. I'm going to try it.

faunabay

faunabay said:
If you do a search for lenormand on amazon.com it's the first one that comes up under the marketplace sellers. It's the one that talks about the green box with the owl motif and no verses.
You might want to go to it straight away though because pumpkin said she ordered one and the was only one left now.

***I just went and checked and they're all gone now! Sorry!

I was doing a search for other things and found the amazon marketplace seller has posted some more blue owls. Just for anyone who's interested.... here's the link....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...2843701-9452921?ie=UTF8&qid=1193456311&sr=8-3

faunabay

Ohhhh, one more thing. :D

I did hear back from Jeannette at Tarot Garden. She says she's having troubles with her german distributor right now so doesn't want to ask about anything new until they get the "old" problems fixed.

But she did also tell me they get a stray lenormand deck every once in a while that she doesn't even list. She's offered to email me when she gets them in. I'll pass it on when she does. Of course only if I don't want it first. **ROFL**

Lee

Sylvie Steinbach said:
For those of you who may be interested: I just created a study group over Oracles study group. Please register so that I know who and how many will be attended by posting your participation. I will receive an email automatically and you can PM as well. Thanks.
Where is the oracles study group? I can't find it! :confused:

-- Lee