Two rocks grown together

cardlady22

canid said:
Didja take a good gander at that pic?!
Unfortunately, it was the clearest one that had more than 2 stuck together. Looking at shapes of stones can get a lot like seeing things in the clouds. :p

:eek: She threw them out?! OMG!
We had a neighbor that collected and did a lot of slabbing, etc. His wife let my husband come over and look at what she had left after his lapidary club members got what they wanted. Slim pickings, but he got an awesome rough chunk with fluorite and calcite. Speaking of which, it really needs a good dusting.

canid

cardlady22 said:
:eek: She threw them out?! OMG!

It was absolutely awesome. For me. The first time I stuck my shovel in the ground to make more gardens, I hit a football sized geode (I'm pretty sure they were indiginous, along with the Petoskey stones & copper crystal formations). Didn't know what it was for sure, but I tried a sledgehammer & it was chock full of quartz crystals. GORGEOUS! Needless to say, I kept digging. By the end of the week, I had become absolutely manic - I was outside all day till it got too dark, dragging in rocks & washing them off, I was covered in poison ivy & didn't care. I had a collection that would knock your socks off. A lot of it I couldn't identify but my brother was president of the Akron lapidary club so he helped a lot & I ended up giving half of it away to him, & others. When I moved back to Akron, I still had half a truckload but I moved them all. I wish I could sneak back up there sometime...

ncharge

I have a tone like that. They are also called Goddess stones (because they evoke the Venus of Willendorf, perhaps?).

canid said:
cardlady22 said:
This is 2 of them connected.
http://www.susankayjewelry.com/newmoqui5-11f.jpg

Didja take a good gander at that pic?!

Yeah, it looks like the first one, except they're not side by side. I dug this thing up when I lived in Michigan, along with opal, 3 different hematite types, including specular, obsidian, rough emerald, citrines, howlite (this is an AWESOME tube form), a 40 lb. calcite crystal slab, all kinds of fossils, the list is endless. I was in heaven digging all over the place. Then I found out a previous owner was a rock hound & when he died his wife threw his collection outside.

canid

I found an old pic - doesn't it look like a gigantic Boji? It's almost as big as a football.

Attachments

• rock1.jpg
    rock1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 123

cardlady22

Oh, canid! When I look at this pic, it feels like a place I could actually go to! Like a mountain that is used for spiritual retreats.

canid

cardlady22 said:
Oh, canid! When I look at this pic, it feels like a place I could actually go to! Like a mountain that is used for spiritual retreats.

I'm telling you, I don't know how or why, but this rock is powerful. Peaceful.

ETA: It could be full of quartz crystals but I haven't had the heart to peek.

cardlady22

I sure wouldn't be trying to peek either.
How large is that pond/trough-looking area near the bottom? I'd be tempted to put gemstone chips in it.