Unicursal Hexagram

Aeon418

Was this Large Purple marked "Deluxe"?

gregory

To be honest the store owner and I were laughing so hard I didn't look. I will, next time I am in town ! :D But I wouldn't have thought so - there was no space for anything luxurious ! Seriously - we couldn't see ANY difference - but we didn't take off the cello wrap.

PS both are in the excellent TG comparison table though:
here

Lillie

gregory said:
I hate to spoil this for you - but there is a large sized edition in a purple box; the box looks exactly like the green box except that (guess what) everywhere that is green on the green box is purple.... !!! Isn't life amazing ! (they were side by side in one bookstore recently - and were absolutely identical except for the box !!)

Really?
What the hell have they done that for?
That's really going to confuse things now.

Right, I'm giving up.

I'll never post anything about any thoth edition ever again.
I know nothing and I want to know nothing.

I have been trying my damndest ever since I joined this forum to get a grip on what edition was what.

And the stupid publishers just keep making it harder and harder to keep it all straight in my head.

Well. enough is enough.

I don't care if they put them out in flourescent pink boxes, with old Al himself dancing naked on the front in a 3d hologram.
With 10 and a half extra cards and a sperm sample from the goat.

I don't care, I don't want to know, I don't want to think about it.

*Lillie wanders away swearing and mumbling, playing marbles with malteasers*

I'm off to find something interesting to think about.

Aeon418

I've just taken a quick look at the US Games site. They are advertising an item called the "Premier Edition". It comes in a purple box but the card dimensions are the same as the standard deck. It does say it comes with other stuff that may account for the larger box size.
Special issues of our bestselling tarot deck in larger, high-profile format.
Quality European card printing and durable, attractive sleeve. Full size 78-card deck with instructions and bonus full-color spread sheet.

Size: 2-7/8 x 4-3/8"

gregory

As to the other - see my edited post above !

And Lillie - do I EVER agree with you ! (in the sense of I really really do !!)

Aeon418

gregory said:
PS both are in the excellent TG comparison table though:
here
The Large Green and the Standard Purple are there but not the Premier Edition.

Dean

The Large size Purple box is actually a Deluxe version as Aeon418 as mentioned - isbn 1572815108, i was told that the box is like the Large size Thoth, but the card's are still the standard size inside with the extra Magus.

Aeon418

Dean, do you know if the actual card stock used is different from that used with the regular Standard size deck? I've looked at a few sites and they all say something about "European quality card stock". Quite what that's supposed to mean I have no idea.

Dean

Hi Aeon418, from what i have been told by Watkins book shop the deck is another Advertising edition, it's just been repackaged for us Thoth addicts to buy more of them.

I had the shop assistant go over the deck to see if there was any differences with the card stock, there doesn't seem to be any differences from the older edition.

Aeon418

It sounds more like a complete rip off to me. Typical! :rolleyes:

So, for the extra cash, you get the pleasure of owning a regular standard size Thoth deck packaged in a big purple box with a fold up spread sheet. And that deserves the title of "Premier Edition"!!! Yeah right.

Has anyone round here actully paid good money for this?