Vintage German Lenormand...LOVE the new darker tones!

greatdane

Just got another Vintage Lenormand and it has slightly darker images and it just pops more for me. Loved the last one I got that had lighter images, but love the new one even more. Anyone else have the latest with the darker tones?

magpie9

Latest from who or what? Lots of vintage Lennies running about the place nowadays...

greatdane

Hi Magpie9!

BUT only one Vintage Germano or that is sold as Vintage German, by seven stars. If you look on Adverts at her seven stars Extravaganza thread and go maybe six posts down or so, she has a link. Showing the lighter and the darker, I liked the light one, I ADORE the slightly darker, more intense one! I just got one and am getting another with the red card backs (a few posts down in the same thread, she posts the backs available). SHUFFLES like butter, Magpie9!

greatdane

Just compared both the light and dark images again

Just got one with the red backs, very nice! It has the older lighter images on the front, where one of the green back decks I got a couple weeks ago has the newly changed darker images on the front. Darker I think looks older, better, the lighter a little washed out. The lighter images are more gold, mustard, the darker, more greenish brown hues. Both nice but definitely prefer the darker. It's really whether you want lighter, more gold, mustard or the more dark, more greenish/brown tones. Maybe you can ask for either. The linen card stock is great on them. Edit...this is interesting. I realize I have THREE different toned decks! The latest is the darker the one I got a few months ago, but lighter than one I got a few weeks ago. So perhaps depending upon your taste, you can ASK if you wish your deck to have lighter or darker images. I don't know, but doesn't hurt to ask as everyone has their preference. All of these are great. I like the darker two (again, one is a bit darker than the other but both darker than one from months ago) best, the images pop.

magpie9

Are they as dark, or darker than the Samhain Vintage Lennie? More yellow, less yellow? Trying to visualize, here...

greatdane

Hard to explain, Magpie9, NOT dark like the Samhain

I have three different Vintage Germans all from the last few months, one is a lighter yellow, one a more greenish brown, one is more mustard/darker gold. My preference is the darker with more greenish browns, the last one I got was darker than the one I got months ago, but is more yellow than the one I get a few weeks ago. I think it's a matter of taste. And you can probably ask if you have a preference, just like with the back preferences. I like they look old and I think the more greenish brownish darker hue looks the best, it pops more but that's just me. It's what each reader looks for.

I like a couple of the backs very much, but my fav is the red one. Perhaps it also seems a bit more festive now :). It isn't a BRIGHT red, it's red but subdued to go with the front and has gold tones as well. I understand there is also a new card stock it may be possible to get for these. I have the linen stock ones, all three are the linen (I had a satin VG and gifted to a friend who didn't have a VG). Do take care keeping them out of a really hot room or extreme cold as they can curl ever so slightly. Not terribly noticeable, just seem mildly affected by temp extremes, not a big deal. I am wondering if the new plastic stock would be different, but then I really like the texture of the linen for this deck.

MoonGypsy

i just received

The Vintage German with the "A" backs--no borders! i didn't think it was possible for me to love this deck more...but it has been vastly improved in color and the images pop so much more without the borders. And the backs, oh the backs! They couldn't be any better!

greatdane

:))) MoonGypsy

See what I mean?! How cool are those backs? Rhetorical question lol. Yes, the darker images do POP more and I LOVE the borderless.

Le Fanu

Not sure if mine are A backs - I followed the deck creator's recommendation - but I LOVE mine.