Waite's Second Tarot Deck - Originals Discovered

Minotauro

I assumed the reason they couldnt publish with lo scarabeo or others are due to the copyright license and agreement they made with the museum and their own source , if they go with a big publishing company although they'll probably take the production cost , they would also own the copyright of the book and the images,( unless they bought it back) wich would actually be worse for the rosy cross too, right?( and according to their blog they dont seem to be mad about it , they seem rather interested too) and would violate the agreements made with the museum and the other parties involved ( I guess)

and they also have to pay for the artist copyright as it is still owned by the family.

as least thats how I understand publishing.

and so the book is more expensive to print and put together.

maybe Im being very naive as I dont understand the the publishing world, english is my second language, and Im kind of well... not the brightest crayon X)

starlightexp

Well from Tabatha Cicero: Soror R.I. One of the G.H. Chief Adepts of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and Supreme Magus of the Societas Rosicruciana in America.

" I have to state for the record that members of the FRC to whom I have spoken are not at all happy with the publication of their ritual cards. In their words: "we condemn absolutely the publication, reproduction and indiscriminate use of these sacred symbols, and look upon those who initiate such publication and reproduction as persons who utterly lack integrity and bring shame upon their esoteric communities."

starlightexp

Lillie you beat me too it

Laura Borealis

http://order-of-the-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2011/09/great-symbols-of-paths.html

Who are the five people at the top?

They have fascinating faces.

#2 is Samuel Mathers
#5 is Moina Mathers

Not sure on the others, yet.

ETA: The Beard is William Wynn Westcott.
I think #1 is W. B. Yeats... yes, it is.

That leaves #4 and I'm coming up blank. Anyone?

As far as the issue at hand goes, I'm interested to see how it plays out. I'm not in a position to donate to the printing cause, but if I were, I'd certainly want more reassurance than I've seen here. There seem to be a number of unanswered questions. What materials were found on eBay? Are they the same or different from what is in the British Museum and in the keeping of the FRC? Are they originals or copies? The would-be publishers seem to be playing their cards close to their chests, understandably so, but it also seems rather suspicious to me.

Attachments

• Order of the Golden Dawn.png
    Order of the Golden Dawn.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 80

starlightexp

What ever Moina Mathers had done to her to make her hair like that I want done to me

gregory

Will "subscribers" get a free copy of the book - as has happened with similar ventures elsewhere ?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A post containing a link to a copyrighted image and follow-up discussions on that post have been removed from this thread.