Weird moving stone...

Simone

Hi all,

On my last day in Boston, I went into a Crystal shop and bought a "Silica Carborundum" stone (?) - something quite light, but glittering in all colours of the rainbow. I just bought it for its beauty, I don't know if it has any qualities or not, but I put it on my "altar".

Anyway, this thing won't stay put!

I had to move it back to its initial place already a few times, and lately I caught it hanging already half over the edge of the altar, ready to fall off.

I moved it back to its place just yesterday, but as I can see now, it has already made some of the way back to the edge.

Weird, huh?

I'd appreciate any of your thoughts on this...

Thanks in advance
Love
Simone

Simone

I am attaching a picture of the stone. The picture does not give it full justice, but it was the best I could get! :)

Love
Simone

Jewel-ry

Hi there Simone,

I have a large one of these, I have never noticed it moving but it is quite big and I have it on a little stand. I'll do a little experiment and put it where I can see it. Let you know if it moves ;)

OakDragon

Could it be magnetic? Do you have any metal nearby?

Simone

Good thinking, OakDragon. In fact, it is lying near my singing bowl.

However, as far as I can gather, the name of this stone does not indicate any "ingredients" that make it magnetic. I would even think it is not far, in the chemical composition, from petrified wood, or so.

What's more, it would have to be "anti-magnetic" or have an antipathy to the singing bowl, because it is moving away from it...

This morning I wrote that it is quite light, but when I took it to take the picture, I realised that it weighs a bit more than I thought, I would say it is a bit too heavy for magnetic attraction or repulsion, there would have to be considerable forces at work!

Thanks anyway for the idea!

Love
Simone

OakDragon

Hmm, that's really weird. Maybe the "singing" is keeping it up at night? :D

You might, just for kicks, try touching it to the singing bowl... see if you feel them repelling each other... they could have the same electrical charge... that would be really strange, though, if it's heavy.

Do you have a cat that could have climbed up there and played with it?

Simone

OakDragon said:
You might, just for kicks, try touching it to the singing bowl... see if you feel them repelling each other...

LOL, no, the bowl sleeps at night too :D

But seriously, after your post, I did try if they were repelling each other, and I felt nothing. So I really don't have any explanation... not a logical one, anyway.

I do have a faery living in the windchime hanging over the altar, maybe she is responsible? ;)

floracove

Simone, lay it somewhere else and see if it does the moving thing...

rabble

wow, that's fascinating! I don't think I've ever had any of my stones move, although I think I'd be mightily pleased if they did :)

Cerulean

Is there a heavier end?

If there's a sloping edge or a heavier end, perhaps it's sliding...if there's more moisture in the morning, perhaps it's expanding and contracting with heat, light? Or sensitive to vibrations on the street and prone to 'slide' toward the heavier edge...

Regards,

Cerulean