Well, it's official. I have too many decks.

Carla

I really should count mine. My profile list is up to date if anyone wants to save me the trouble :D I wonder though whether I should include duplicates, or different editions. I know I have lots but I would say that only about 40 or so get read with regularly as favourites. That's fine by me. They all have their different place in my collection and in my :heart:

Oh but it's so wonderful having the luxury of switching decks and having so many to choose from.

Jeez, I just looked at your profile. I can't count that high. Should have numbered them as you added therm!

WyrdRaven

I never intended to have more than my one RWS. I don't quite know how it all happened. Too many trips to the occult stores, looking through all the sample decks! Back when I had five decks, I felt that I had too many because I did not have all of mine memorized. Now I have gotten to the point that I can't find one I'm looking for because its buried in a hoard of others. I'm in denial, I'm sure. It's not that I have too many decks, it's just that I don't have enough room for what I do have. (and I keep acquiring MORE!) If it was just tarot decks, that would be one thing. But it's also oracle decks, cookbooks, anthropology texts, miscellaneous non-fiction, holiday decorations, clothes, etc. It's something of a mania, really. I don't think I'll ever be able to admit that I finally have too many decks!

tarotbear

Good Ol' Charlie Brown

Many, many years ago there was a 'Peanuts' comic strip where Charlie Brown asked Linus (who was watching TV at the time) "Is watching TV dangerous for you?" Linus replied " I don't know - I've never had one fall on me."

And so it is with the number of tarot decks in your collection - until the piles fall over and bury you - you can NEVER have too many decks! :D

SweetIsTheTruth

Watch a season or two of Hoarders and see if that helps.

Asbestos Mango

Okay - here's what to do...

EITHER - take them out of the badanas - if you still have them in their boxes

OR - write labels and tie them on the corners so you can read them when they're wrapped

Sorted! :)

The basket decks are not in their boxes- I collapsed the boxes and have them stored in a drawer. I do have eight decks that came in boxes that were attractive and sturdy enough to display on a bookshelf, and the Tiny Universal Waite is in a seashell on a shelf- when I was going out of the house regularly, I would pick a card a day and look up an affirmation for it. So, you see, there is a practical use for those postage-stamp-sized mini decks.

merissa_88

So, you see, there is a practical use for those postage-stamp-sized mini decks.

They all have uses (that's the scary part) or you will get rid of them. Some of my decks are like mnemonic devices to remember things in books I'm reading - like herbs, mythology, or Arthurian stories.

I didn't think of myself as a collector, because I read with all my decks. Until a new age bookstore owner asked me if I was a tarot collector. I told her I wasn't- I just like buying tarot decks. And she said, "So you're a collector."

I love your "reaching into the basket" method... Maybe you like not knowing which is which?

Asbestos Mango

Arrgh. I just ordered the Zombie Tarot- my birthday is Sunday and I thought I should give myself a present. Then I threw the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot into the card to get my order up over $25 so I could get the free shipping.

I spend more money for the sake of getting the free shipping...