What are you awaiting in the mail?

jackdaw*

Some bags from Tarot Totes. Some of my loose decks need more than being stacked three deep in the same box, and I've a couple on the way that are part of book/deck sets and don't have their own boxes.

Kimber

Orsini

I'm waiting for my early 1900s Julia Orsini (Etteilla) (missing 1 card).

Kimber

goddesscarlie

woo hoo! Both my crystal tarots and art nouveau arrived today! Woo hoo!

Now I am on the pre order list for fenestra tarot :) I can't wait til it is shipped! You can be assured that I'll check in here when it is :)

mythos

I'm pending with Carlie for the Shapeshifter and the LS Atlantis, and will be meeting Aileen for coffee next week to swap cash for the Tarot of the Origins and the Mandala Astrological Tarot. Can't stand A T Mann's books, but this tarot looks interesting.

I just ordered two more 'cos-I-can' decks through my bookclub cheap ... and I don't have to pay until I want to ... well, not exactly, but I can delay. Liz Dean's The Love Tarot - I bet I regret it, and Nigel Suckling's The Dragon Tarot ... will probably regret that too, but they were cheap, and I am a tad depressed and ... oh gosh, I am a glutton for decks and am comfort buying.

My friend who is arriving in late August from Germany asked me on the phone last night if there was anything that he could bring me besides the Demeroticon. Boy will he regret asking ... I emailed him a long, long list of decks I can never afford, and a few that he will be able to afford.

Given that his car blew up on the way to the Fusion music festival in Berlin, methinks that I won't be getting the Grand Tarot Belline (sigh!) ... but I wouldn't expect it anyway.

I am definitely in binge-mode!

mythos:bugeyed:

truelighth

I am now awaiting the Book of Kells Tarot from Jason Lang. I saw the auction with buy it now and I couldn't resist :D }). Hopefully it will be accompanied by the Carolingian Tarot :).

So that brings the count up to 9 decks I am awaiting: Maat, Kingdom Highway, Ceridwen (second copy), eVoluti, Nepali, Tromborg, Gauguin and these two.

Oh yes, and I pre-ordered the Sheridan-Douglas and the Fenestra from TG. So make that 11 :)

Aulruna

Currently, just the MAAT, Kingdom Highway and Midnight Masquerade.

Since I bought all of those a while back, it doesn't really feel like new ;-)

Okay, the 3vnew Lo Scarabeos arrived yesterday... but that does effectively mean they're no longer in the mail, no??

Looks like I need some SERIOUS enabling... Saskia? Gregory??

Adam McLean

I just received the Tromborg Tarot from Denmark.
It is a Rider Waite based deck, made using line
drawings with coloured pencil, which produced the
characteristic soft textures. The deck is smaller than the
usual and comes in a strong lidded box. It is nicely
produced. Despite it being a Danish deck the names on
the cards are in English. The Minor cards are emblematic,
following the Rider-Waite.

I think it is well worth buying a copy of this before
it inevitably disappears. You can easily get it from

www.bog-mystik.dk

I bought another Danish Tarot, the Tarot de Paul
Gauguin from them a few months ago. This is a
22 card deck primarily using images from Gauguin's
Tahiti paintings (and two coloured woodcarvings).
The imagery is to some extent relevant to the tarot
arcana, but in some cases it seems a trifle forced -
the Wheel of Fortune for example shows a round
dish, and for the Hanged Man the designer is
reduced to chosing a conventional crucifixion image.
I cannot see the Tower symbolism at all. The Gauguin
is probably one for the addicted tarot collector. Once
again, I would expect this will suddenly disappear and
be seen no more. Buy now to avoid later disappointment !

Aulruna

HEPL - I tried to order from the Danish site, but keeps wanting a Firm (okay, could provide that) and an EAN nr., which I don't have...

How did y'all do it??

Morwenna, nonplussed

Adam McLean

Morwena,

I just fill in any field like that with a <space>.

jackdaw*

truelighth said:
I am now awaiting the Book of Kells Tarot from Jason Lang. I saw the auction with buy it now and I couldn't resist.

So am I :) And that's the last of my grandmother's very belated Christmas gift spent.

... of course, God forbid I tell her what I spent it on! Cards of the Devil and all that ... would horrify the dear God-fearing lady })