What artist would you want to create a tarot deck?

la-luna

Anathematically said:
Magritte, or Dali. Although I think Dali did do a deck, didn't he?

Actually, now that I think about it he did. I wanted to get it for my girlfriend - she's a huge art nerd. =P

Well if you want to buy it you must first save a bit (or rather a LOT), yes it was made by Daly himself.
(and yes forr those wondering I have the Dali tarot )
The “normal” Dali tarot edition goes for more than 100 dollars (yes us dollars) there is a commemorative edition out that goes for a bit more than half of that one!

December Fairy

huredriel said:
Marc Potts! Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!

oh and

Gary Lippincott

Both their current works can be seen at www.duirwaighgallery.com

I'd have to say just about anyone on that site. What beautiful art.

December Fairy

Annabelle4 said:
I would!!!! I :love: Peter Max's art!

If I had a choice, though, I would commisson Shag (Josh Agle) to be the artist for my dream deck. Here's a link to his website: http://www.shag.com/

It would be so much fun to have a tiki/lounge themed deck!

These are great. It reminds me of 60's movies.

arctic-stranger

Jackson Pollock, although it was be hard as well to read...of course that would be the point.

Roger Dean, the guy who designed the early Yes album covers (along with Uriah Heep, and others)

Frida Kahlo.

Peter Brueghal.

Vermeer.

Al Si'ra

KENT WILLIAMS-the illustrator of the graphic novel "The Fountain"-which is also an upcoming movie by Darren Aronofsky..

he's such an amazing artist-his work is so spiritual..and full of emotions..
I was stunned even by the cover of that graphic novel and wondered if he did create a deck but he didn't-i mean he should have!! ..On the cover there was this piece of artwork called "the fountain of life"..and even that one piece could tell a lot..

I assume he has a wide knowledge about Kabbalah and other spiritual topics..

:love:

Chronata

I want a tarot by Charles Vess.

Or maybe an oracle.

Either would make me happy!

seneris

I would like to see a deck by Linda Bergkvist. She is a very talented painter, and she uses the computer to produce magnificent works. Her works are slightly dark in feel, but very beautiful.

Le_Corsair

arctic-stranger said:
Jackson Pollock, although it was be hard as well to read...of course that would be the point.

Roger Dean, the guy who designed the early Yes album covers (along with Uriah Heep, and others)

Frida Kahlo.

Peter Brueghal.

Vermeer.

Bruegel Tarot.

Lillie

Aubury Beardsley.

Love his stuff.