what do you do with your old tarot decks?

Minotauro

mostly paper right now
im not sure what to call it... paintings with cards and some other things atached ? :D

wish I had a camera so I could show you

like a collage or mixed mediumm? I wish I could see too :C

you'll get one eventually Im sure n.n I might just do that ,OH! perhaps use some of them as the cover of my tarot folder :'D

thanks for the inspiration strioke =P

Minotauro

All over the place. :D On my way to and from the bus stopin library books, on the bus. When we go out of town, I leave them in random spots, in parks, wherever I find somewhere fun.

I want to star doing this alredy X) mine is a pocket tarot , so I might attach a pretty papper with the meaning of the card =P

Minotauro

I found out my 8 of sword was missing from my hanson roberts deck it was a very small pocket deck. so I threw the rest of cards away and brought me a new Hanson Roberts deck. Now that I read your blog I regret throwing them away I could of kept them. I felt because one card was missing the deck was useless but I should of kept the rest of the deck :(.

if I was to buy an exact copy I think I would have kept it anyway , in case I lost another one ._. lol

and I KNOW! I was just about to throw mine away too =P but I dotn know I kinda feel attached to it , so I made this thread , and everybody started posting great ideas ,and inspiration struck! <3

:'D

but dont obsess about it :) just learn from it.

after all its just paper , it only means something if you give it a meaning n.n if it didnt mean much for you at th time there's no harm in it

Im just pretty weird and kinda of pathethic for feeling attached to things and innanimate objects =P lol

Glitterbird

The one deck I thought was so bad I couldn't even give it away. I have since grown to appreciate even like. :D I'm a little leary of getting rid of any of my decks now.

Grizabella

I can't bring myself to part with partial decks. A couple of the ones I gave to the kids ended up missing cards and I've still got them hanging around. I'll either just keep them or maybe collage them or something eventually.

jema

I got parts of a deck that I will try to soften up in water, separate into layers (to get rid of the stiffness and the backsides, then decoupage them into a little night table I picked up at a fleamarket. Just sandpaper the surface, glue them all on, sprinkle a little glitter and lacquer over a few coats.
Well, that is the plan. The cards got a rather nice dark blue frame so I want to buy that colour paint and go over the table first.

This is the deck http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lars-holmsen/
I got about 50 cards
(the rest vanished in the move)

GryffinSong

What a great idea, jema! I think those cards will make an awesome table and hope that you'll share pictures of the finished product!!! :)

NikkiB

I got parts of a deck that I will try to soften up in water, separate into layers (to get rid of the stiffness and the backsides, then decoupage them into a little night table I picked up at a fleamarket. Just sandpaper the surface, glue them all on, sprinkle a little glitter and lacquer over a few coats.
Well, that is the plan. The cards got a rather nice dark blue frame so I want to buy that colour paint and go over the table first.

This is the deck http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lars-holmsen/
I got about 50 cards
(the rest vanished in the move)

oh i want to do this now!! fab idea!!

nisaba

In the first instance, I keep them!
I've only been reading since the 1970s, and properly since the 1980s. My decks haven't had time to wear out enough to be unusable. And an old deck has great charm, and pulls in your clients.