what does your collection say about YOU!

Milfoil

Well, Morwena clearly has way too much disposable income!!

;)

LOL - just kidding. :)

WolfSpirit

What I overheard my cards say to each other...

• General
  • She keeps us warm, gives us all our own nice coat.
  • She is quite handy with scissors too, several decks got a trim
  • There are more of us than she realizes and she never knows where to put us all
  • Some of us are twins. Just in case she loses us, but she never does. Worst that happens is when the fat cat sits on us because he is jealous of the attention
  • She is afraid to list us all because she knows she overstepped her budget with us...

Types of decks
  • She is buying historic decks lately but they never have to do any work AT ALL (note from owner: not yet ;) ...)
  • She has a lot of nature based decks with animal and herbs and trees.
  • She does not have any dark decks as she thinks us cute decks can still pull a punch :D
  • She has traditional decks but also a lot of very untraditional decks and oracles because she sometimes wants to get away from the systems and just rely on intuition
  • She has a few expensive and rare ones but she loves us all equally really
  • She collects more than she "needs" but she does not buy just everything...we all serve a purpose here and this is not necessarily reading (but can be study or meditation...for example)

Alta

I store my decks by publisher so they don't get into fights. :)

I like them to be nearby so I don't have to go look for them, and in fact yesterday I bought an extra small storage unit (there isn't much room left in here) for that purpose. And I still have to keep some elsewhere.

I don't know that they are upset that mainly I don't keep them in bags. I hope they understand the storage issue. They do however get nice bags for any sort of travel whatsoever. Even layered into a suitcase.

I have no idea what my choice of decks says about me, and luckily (for them) they have never been cheeky enough to comment.

Dwaas

My decks are in a drawercabin. And a few of them swarm around in the house. Always one or more with me. The ones I use the most have nice bags. Their boxes are gone. Others are still in their original box but I changed those boxes by painting and taping them. I like to personalise my things. Most of my decks have rich colours. Through time I got a nice little collection but I am not much of a real collector. Always said I only want decks I will use (for reading). So I traded a few away but I found also that I am keeping certain decks which I rarely use for reading. But they are interesting for study or meditation. Or just for having them. I am a Taurus after all! ;)

sharpchick

Since I don't have 20 decks, I'd say I'm picky. ;)

Ancestral Path
Ancient Egyptian
Buckland Romani
DruidCraft
Gay Tarot
Gilded Tarot
Goddess Tarot
Intuitive Tarot
Morgan Greer
Mystic Tarot
Mythic Tarot
Pagan Tarot (Pace)
Robin Wood
Sacred Circle
Vision Quest Tarot
Witches Tarot (Reed)

I've taken the borders off the DruidCraft and Witches Tarot, so now I have three borderless tarot decks - for me that says the art in a deck is very important to me. Many of my decks give me a sense of "going back" to simpler times, getting back to the basics, etc.

A fair number of my decks have pagan themes, and three of them are not RWS clones, so I'd say I also buck "conventional wisdom" in some ways.

floracove

shadowdancer said:
I love that response floracove :D

Heck if mine really did speak it would probably be along the lines of "Let me out of here!!"

They are all shoulder to shoulder in the pine box, with not a lot of room for manouvre. I think because I have the cloths over them they might also be saying "Who keeps turning this darned light off on us!!"

I just hope they all get on with each other. SHould I put the Korean decks all together so they can chat amongst themselves?

:D

LOL!

Let me outta here!

I've made tarot bags, for trading with other's and have kept some of the bags I've made for my own collection.
Almost every deck has been relocated from their boxes, and the boxes placed in their very own box, just in case they are ever called for again.

I've taken all the extra advertising cards that come with the decks, and placed them in their own folder within my handcrafting box, for use later when making decopaged items, such as boxes, for holding cards, when I get the opportunity to work on handcrafts.
When I have the time to work on these, I plan to make two boxes using the set of ad cards. One for trading, and one for my own deck. Doesn't that sound like fun?!!!

At this time, 99% of everything we own is in storage, including all but 3 of my tarot decks.
My collection of tarot decks are safely packed away in their very own bookbags, along with my collection of tarot books.
I miss them but they know I'm trying to find us all a home, and they'll be fine, as long as I come to visit with them, and check on them while at the storage building.

They send hugs and kisses to all concerned.

:love:

floracove

Lol!

shadowdancer said:
If you were 'reading' the collection, as if in the third person, what would you say?

Oh, ok...

hmmmm...

A group of cards, expressing themselves about me.

RW: Hey baby, I love ya, you know you can have any deck you like, I'm not jealous, but always keep me in your pocket. ;)

The erotic decks, laying around on each other: You know if you keep this trading thing going, we'll be mulitplying like bunnies in here. :D

Wonderland: I totally agree, come a little closer hunny.

Osho-Zen: OMMMMMM OMMMMM OMMMMMM
Peace and tranquility is yours by only a touch.
OMMMMMMM

Vibrational Healing: *smiles and nods*

Thoth: *raise eyebrow*

Fairy Ring & Hanson: We think she's quite whimsical and creative, so it is so...

Madame Endora: *sits and watches the other cards with an amused and knowing look on her face*

Gilded: Hey she's the best, lets go dancing!

See, they are quite happy!

shaveling

Reading the collection, instead of the cards

The overwhelming majority are Marseilles or other historical decks. The others are:

Two lavender decks: The Gay Tarot and The Cosmic Tribe Tarot;

A camp deck: Miss Cleo;

Two gift decks that I wouldn't have bought for myself, but may learn to read because they're important to me because of the personal associations involved;

An RWS and a Toth which I'm not at all interested in, even a little bit, but you've gotta have them if you're going to accumulate these things and try to know the Tarot world at large, and;

Several backup decks for TdM's and historical decks, including four spare copies of my favorite Marseilles.

Reading: You are a sentimental, obsessive Southern queen who has been traumitized by the Duserre Dodal becoming unavailable before you were interested in Tarot. Your trauma is causing you to go all Scarlett O'Hara, swearing, as God is your witness, never to go hungry for an out of print deck again.

sharpchick

shaveling said:
Reading: You are a sentimental, obsessive Southern queen who has been traumitized by the Duserre Dodal becoming unavailable before you were interested in Tarot. Your trauma is causing you to go all Scarlett O'Hara, swearing, as God is your witness, never to go hungry for an out of print deck again.

Oh, too funny. . .

cosmic_bubble

I keep mine in a box :)

I have:

Cosmic Tarot - This is the one that I use the most often. I love the artwork and the figures, and especially the sheer amount of detail on each card. Could spend ages analysing each one!

Secret Tarot - I use this one for more 'serious' readings. The artwork is a bit 'darker' and more sombre.

Fey Tarot - I like to use this one when I need a bit of humour injected into the reading to make a serious topic a bit easier to deal with.

Cachet - This was my first ever deck. I was attracted by the artwork on the cards.

Gilded - I'm trying to trade this. It just doesn't work for me - I think it's the fact that a lot of the figures have faces that are too realistic (I know that sounds a bit strange!).

Rider Waite Mini - Great for carrying with me, or quick daily readings.

Not sure what any of this means, other than that I've managed to somehow restrain myself from splashing out on all the decks that I'd like :D