What is it that makes a person see something different in the same question?

MariaPeea

HI!

So, I'm sure everyones wondered this (actually sorry if there's already a thread for this question x.X) but, what do you guys think makes someone see a totally different aspect of the same question as another person? I mean, clearly we are all individuals, so that might be part of it, but really this is the tarot (or universe, rather) showing us what we want to know. So, if I asked Stacy whats happening in my future, and she says a promotion, and then I ask Tom, and he says a boyfriend, and it turns out they're both right...why did Stacy only see the promotion and why did Tom see the BF? Why not the other way around, or why didn't they both see both of them, etc. Is it the mind set they're in?

Thanks! :D

Grizabella

Isn't it possible that both might be in your future? I mean, the promotion might bring you the boyfriend, after all. :)

Naturally there are differences in the experience of readers, their areas of exptertise and the length of time they can see into the future or that maybe they choose to see into the future. Those are factors, too.

amateur

Please, tell us about the spread and the cards that came up!

MariaPeea

Ohhhh, Grizabella, I forgot about experience. That's true. And, yes, it is possible both are in it, I just find it so interesting when two different people can only see one or the other. Or, like, maybe if you ask the age old question of "what does he like about me" or, like, "how does he feel about me", you can ask that question to three different people, and maybe you'll get three different answers. Like, they're all right, right? But it's all like...almost like different slices of the same cake. But your right, some people can only see so far. And maybe their intuition can only tell them so much.

amateur - Oh, this isn't anything specific. I was just wondering one day. Because, I've done readings for people that have asked that same question to someone else, and we've given them similar answers (like, both were positive or both were negative) but different like...bits of it. If i'm making sense.

starrystarrynight

Maybe it's having had some experience reading cards, but with a general question like you posed (What's going to happen in my future?), I often see many layers in a spread...and as you said, they all usually turn out being "right." I think one has to be "wide open" and accept everything the cards may be saying instead of just grabbing for the first thing that comes along. That may be a "right" answer, but there will be more "right" answers that follow it, too. In my experience.

The Universe works in mysterious ways. :)

Herzog

it absolutely comes down to experience. I think about this a lot. Im a beginner so when I do a reading Im always wondering how much more detail an experienced reader would pick up using the exact same cards.

starrystarrynight

Yes, experience in reading cards (i.e. length of time having practiced doing it), but I think Grizabella may have meant the personal life experience one draws upon when viewing and interpreting a spread. It stands to reason that the more life experience one has to draw on, the richer and fuller a reading can be--merely because the reader has seen so much in her lifetime--patterns, synchronicity, etc.

[But Griz will rightfully slap me upside the head if that isn't what her post meant. :D]

I, on the other hand was talking about length of time reading cards. :p So, both come into play here...IMO

Lunar Siren

Maybe the universe, in its infinite wisdom and graciousness, realizes an opportunity to enlighten the seeker about *more than one* aspect, given the opportunity to do so?... If one goes to 3 different readers and gets the same information, then obviously that's what the querent really really really needs to be concentrating on at this point in time. But, if given the opportunity to enlighten about multiple situations, it will? Maybe querent is all ready aware about romance problem thanks to first reading, so universe uses succeeding reading to tell her about finances. We usually, all of us, have more than one area of concern, at any given time. Maybe it makes sense to "spread the wealth", so to speak, to avoid querent having to absorb too much information at any one time. It's proven that humans only retain 10% of any information given at any one time... (That's why recording is so valuable.)

SunChariot

MariaPeea said:
HI!

So, I'm sure everyones wondered this (actually sorry if there's already a thread for this question x.X) but, what do you guys think makes someone see a totally different aspect of the same question as another person? I mean, clearly we are all individuals, so that might be part of it, but really this is the tarot (or universe, rather) showing us what we want to know. So, if I asked Stacy whats happening in my future, and she says a promotion, and then I ask Tom, and he says a boyfriend, and it turns out they're both right...why did Stacy only see the promotion and why did Tom see the BF? Why not the other way around, or why didn't they both see both of them, etc. Is it the mind set they're in?

Thanks! :D

My view of it is...

that if two people did a reading for you on the same question and you received one reading first and the next one second... and if each reader got different answers ...

it was because the universe knows that you already got the info from the first reading, it does not need to repeat it for you because you already know it. So instead it sent the second reader something new but also relevant to tell you.

The answers both readers got are coming from the same place and it knows what you know. Call it the universe or the collective unsconsious or however you envision it...it knows you already got the first info so there is no point in telling it to you again. The answers are coming from a place of intelligence.

There is also an aspect of it that we can only see what fits into our view of reality. EG one reader might see a card as telling you about reincarnation and your future lives. Another reader who does not at all believe in reincarnation is never going to see reincarnation in any card that comes up. An atheist will see differnt things that a believer, and optimist will see different things than a pessimist. Eg an optimist might say this symbol or that one in a card is a sign from the universe that things will work out perfectly in the end. A pessimist will never see that in a card. Our sense of what reality is colours our readings as well.

Babs

DrDave

what the reader says resonates with the Querents subconscious

the querent(listener) will interpret the correct direction the reader is going

As Nevada says the listener knows how to tune in to the same frequency of the reader on the cosmic radio station

Sometimes there may be a short interference when you did not catch everything being said but you still pick up the general meaning of the discussion