What is it that makes a person see something different in the same question?

MariaPeea

Oh wow, this is some good stuff.

SunChariot and Lunar Siren - Of course, that makes perfect sense. I never thought about that, but how awesome and totally fitting. And, as someone else mentioned, if that's all I need to know, I could ask 5 people and always get the same answer. Actually, me and a friend did an experiment yesterday, and we both did readings for the same people -different spreads, different deck, but reading for the same person. And, actually, I found our readings were very similar. I wonder, if the universe also knows exactly when you need more info, and that's when you get that strange inkling to ask like 3 people the same question, when in your head your going "come on me, I already know this." But AHA, you don't!

Unless your just super paranoid about the situation. But then you'll probably get the same answer. Aweesoommee!

starrystarrynight - Ooohh, I never thought about that, either. It's true though, sometimes I do readings for people and it just automatically looks EXACTLY like something that happened to me, and I'm able to give them deeper readings then if I didn't understand their situation. My, my, this stuff seriously is huge when you try and dissect it....

THANKS GUYS! :D This is fun!

Oh, hey, and just to add, do you guys notice that a lot of the time, if you ask YOUR deck a question it'll give you a totally different answer then anything anyone else would ever tell you? This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I'll ask a question, and it'll do this crazy u-turn and give me an answer that DOES technically answer my question, but is so deeper and richer then what I initially intended that I'm almost questioning what I see. I'm assuming this happens because you have a much more...direct connection when its you asking your deck a question, then if someone else who maybe isnt even seeing your face does it?

Lunar Siren

Mariapeea, I think I know what you mean, about reading for oneself personally. I've always chalked it up to my own intense *personal* interest in the result. I have a very rich and intimate personal relationship with spirit. When doing readings for self it almost feels like having a deep chat with a lover---as compared to chatting about the weather with someone at the post office. It's a deep communion with my own higher self, with readings (and meditation) as a conduit between... Say, that gives me an idea I'm going to try. When reading for self, I *always* "tap in" to my higher self. I've never actually asked the higher self of others I read for to assist in my readings... I always just ask my guides and their guides to help reveal the truth they need to see. I wonder if it would make a difference. I don't mean to sound confusing, just thinking out loud. I'm gonna have to mull this one over. :)

MariaPeea

Lunar Siren said:
Mariapeea, I think I know what you mean, about reading for oneself personally. I've always chalked it up to my own intense *personal* interest in the result. I have a very rich and intimate personal relationship with spirit. When doing readings for self it almost feels like having a deep chat with a lover---as compared to chatting about the weather with someone at the post office. It's a deep communion with my own higher self, with readings (and meditation) as a conduit between... Say, that gives me an idea I'm going to try. When reading for self, I *always* "tap in" to my higher self. I've never actually asked the higher self of others I read for to assist in my readings... I always just ask my guides and their guides to help reveal the truth they need to see. I wonder if it would make a difference. I don't mean to sound confusing, just thinking out loud. I'm gonna have to mull this one over. :)

OH! I *HAVE* done that, and it works WONDERS! You can actually FEEL a stronger connection with the other person. I've been doing a lot of readings with one friend in particular, and he's always asking me "ask my guides about this and this" so im like "uhhh....well, okay." so then I literally sit there and actually reach out and try and ask his guides specifically and I always get awesome answers.