What is the proper thing to do?

Sad Gurl

I have a question about owning mulitple decks. I only own one deck of cards that I use and am going to buy a new different deck. I am very attatched to my original deck but I think it would be good for me to switch it up a little. I normally sleep with my cards under my pillow. Since I'll have 2 decks soon I was wondering if its alright for me to sleep with both of them under my pillow. Or should they be kept serperate? What would be a good way to handle this. I know people keep their cards in different ways, like in some cloth, or in a box. I am the type that thinks it's best to sleep with your cards. I just don't know how if its alright to have both decks under my pillow or not.

thanks

Sinduction

You are free to do whatever you wish. The only thing that limits you is you.

If you feel the need to sleep with both of them under your pillow, go right ahead.

I let my decks play with each other all the time, there's nothing wrong with that. Except the Giger, I have two and they are only allowed to play with each other, over in a corner. :D

Manda

No one loves tarot cards as much as I do, really, but they are, after all, just paper and ink. You can do whatever you want with them. If it feels good to sleep with two decks under your pillow, by all means, do it. Life is so full of things we "have to". I am all for doing the "wannas".

214red

Sad Gurl said:
I have a question about owning mulitple decks. I only own one deck of cards that I use and am going to buy a new different deck. I am very attatched to my original deck but I think it would be good for me to switch it up a little. I normally sleep with my cards under my pillow. Since I'll have 2 decks soon I was wondering if its alright for me to sleep with both of them under my pillow. Or should they be kept serperate? What would be a good way to handle this. I know people keep their cards in different ways, like in some cloth, or in a box. I am the type that thinks it's best to sleep with your cards. I just don't know how if its alright to have both decks under my pillow or not.

thanks

i agree with manda, there are no hard and fast rules. I used to sleep with my decks for the first few nights i got it, but now when i get new decks i simply look at them and play for a bit to try and understand them. I keep some in bags, some in cloth and some in boxes. i dont worry about them contaminating each other.

do what feels right!

nisaba

Why do you think you should sleep with them under your pillow? Knowing the reason for that will give us a better idea how to help you ...

I own over 45 decks, if I slept with them under my pillow I'd have spinal injuries. Gregory would need to put hers under her whole mattress! (and then some).

SunChariot

Sad Gurl said:

thanks

Do whatever feels right to you, it's not like they're two men and each is going to get all jealous and upset you are sleeping with the other too. :grin:

Sorry, couldn't resist.LOL But yes, seriously, they are just decks of cards, even if they can do some amazing things. Just follow whatever your heart says and what feels right to you. Reading Tarot is a lot about using and tuning into our intuition, so just follow your intuition on this was well.

The answer is there is no right or wrong way to do it, just follow your heart. If your heart is telling you you want your two decks together under your pillow at once, then of course it's alright. Who knows it might "bond" the two decks more closely together for you and when you are ready to use them both together in a reading, it might help them work better together for you.

Babs

SunChariot

nisaba said:
I own over 45 decks, if I slept with them under my pillow I'd have spinal injuries. Gregory would need to put hers under her whole mattress! (and then some).

You're so funny nisaba! LOL I have 70 decks so I won't be trying that anytime soon either. LOL

I personally never put any deck under my pillow. I was always afraid they would get damaged in some way if I did. I do tend to toss and turn when I sleep. But that does not change my advice to Sad Gurl. In the end just do what yuo feel is right. There is no right and wrong way to do things. What is right for one person is wrong for another and vice versa. We're all individuals. Just follow your heart.
:heart:

Babs

Sad Gurl

Thanks to everyone who has given me some advice so far. I am from the school of energy and sleeping with cards under my pillow is something that I do to "charge" my cards. On the occasion that I have left them out I find that I don't seem to pick up on them as well. I know that sounds strange maybe it's all in my head? Who knows? I just didn't know if having two different under my pillow would not be a good idea or something. I'm excited about trying out a new deck! I've been with the same deck for over 15 years!

canid

I've been sleeping with a deck under my pillow for about a year; I'm now sleeping with 2 decks under my pillow. It's probably psychological, but who knows really, I very often have really cool & odd tarot dreams & I've tested it - when I don't sleep with a deck, I don't have tarot dreams. (Hey, I slept with He Man once, he ended up in my bed when my son was small.) For whatever reason, these dreams take me into the card(s) & I wake up with a new understanding, a new perspective of a particular card or cards.

SunChariot

Sad Gurl said:
Thanks to everyone who has given me some advice so far. I am from the school of energy and sleeping with cards under my pillow is something that I do to "charge" my cards. On the occasion that I have left them out I find that I don't seem to pick up on them as well. I know that sounds strange maybe it's all in my head? Who knows? I just didn't know if having two different under my pillow would not be a good idea or something. I'm excited about trying out a new deck! I've been with the same deck for over 15 years!

There's nothing strange about it. We all have different views on how the cards work, since none of it can be proven in any way. You idea of how things work is just as valid as anyone else's.

It makes no difference if it's in your head or stemming from elsewhere. If it works for you then keep doing it.

Best of luck with your new deck!

Which one are you thnking of getting?

Babs