Short But Adequate

lilith

Well, I started doing ebay readings and I want to build some clientele, so I've started at a low price of only 1.00. I was so excited to do my first reading and did a simple 3 card spread on a career issue. I sent a picture of the reading, I explained the meaning of each card, then gave her an estimate of a time frame when she emailed me back. ....Then waited for her feedback....

"Reading was very short but adequate..."

Good thing I'm not a man, I might have had a complex after this, Lol!

Anyways, I'm going back to the drawing board to try to figure out how to "puff" up my readings more, so to speak.

Has anybody dealt with this issue? I'm usually pretty straight forward with my answers and struggle with trying to over describe a situation. I've done plenty of email readings in the past, for Free tarot Net., and now have decided to take the next step.

This is actually good for me, because it causes me to reflect on my style and make more effort to grow as a reader...Peace

gregory

I'd have fed back on her feedback along the lines of $1 is very cheap for a reading and you had done quite enough at that price..... Sheesh !

lilith

You think?

gregory

Yes. Seriously. I mean - for pity's sake - when you see people reading in stores etc, it is about $20 a pop ! She was damn lucky to get a reading from anyone for $1 - and yours - even on her own admission - was "adequate". I feel sure it was more than that.

Then again, it might not go down well with other sitters..... Maybe there is a less abrasive way to say it :) I am just really hacked off about it !

You could always say in your listing how many words to expect.... then if you WANT to say more, fine, but they have no cause to argue !!!

Grizabella

You could change your eBay ad to say "short but adequate readings for $1". :p

Just kidding. You can't please everyone and there are always those who want everything for nothing, so just chalk it up to that.

I don't give pictures of my readings if I read online. I don't see the need of it. A sitter comes to me because I read the cards, so I feel that's what they want----for ME to read the cards. If I were reading for another reader it would be the same unless they specifically asked to see the cards. The sitter isn't inside my head so seeing the images of the cards doesn't tell them much about why I saw what I saw when I did their reading. I don't know where the new trend of sending along images comes from. Maybe from here since this is a learning forum and it could be of benefit to those we exchange with. Sending a picture of the images could potentially just make hard feelings because say the person were to take the images of that reading to someone they know who reads cards and the other reader were to say, "Oh no, those cards say (the exact opposite of what your said)". Then you'd be thought to be a fraud when in reality no two readers will always read the cards the same way. The only way two readers would read the same way is if they recited memorized book meanings.

lilith

Grizabella, I enjoy sending pictures with my readings, I also like to associate emotions or feelings on the cards, when reading, to share and show clients. I use orphaelese and it's a wonderful program. I think either way works ,and for me personally, I think it helps in my readings

Gregory, you may be right, I will think about this some more. I know some people want alot for little, so learning how to handle this kind of "feedback" is a step in my Tarot journey, so to speak

lilith

HHHMM, Grizabella, "Short but adequate readings for a dollar"....you may be on to something, Lol..

re-pete-a

just keep going, your vocab will increase as you stop being scared to post .

Your vision range will broaden, as well.

Time and experience.

Nevada

I agree with gregory and others. This person got a reading that was practically free! They paid less than for a candy bar, for pity's sake. That was short but inadequate feedback, and I wonder why they bothered. But you got your dollar, they got their reading, so everyone got what they wanted, right? I'm sure you did fine. Some people are conservative with praise.

nisaba

lilith said:
Well, I started doing ebay readings and I want to build some clientele, so I've started at a low price of only 1.00.

"Reading was very short but adequate..."

Is there any way for merchants to reply to feedback? If so, reply to that one with: "The going rate is $35 (or whatever it is in your region) - for $1.00 a short reading is very generous."