Short But Adequate

Grizabella

On another forum I go to, I read that sellers can't leave negative feedback on eBay but buyers can, so I don't know how much leeway there is for comments like that. I'd sure put what nisaba suggested if it's possible, though.

lilith

Thanks everyone, I will look into responding back to her feedback. I knew a reading for a dollar was generous and was a little taken with the response.

I also realized at the same time that I will have to get used to being left out in the open for comments from others. This is just how the name of the game is on ebay.

AJ

If they gave you positive feedback then please do not give snotty response. If I'm not sure about an ebay seller I look at the feedback they've left, not recieved...If they are touchy about everything I move on, who needs the grief?

Leave them a more than adequate positive...
Hope to see you again soon, I appreciate your patronage.

Manda

If it were me, I would try to avoid getting snippy. Those feedback lines are tiny, and maybe they did not mean to come off as being snippy, themselves. Positive feedback is, after, positive. Maybe you could try to see it as humorous, because spun a certain way, it certainly is - "Lilith - short but adequate readings only $1!" :D

Congratulations on taking such a big step!

lilith

I was the first to leave positive feedback for her as soon as she paid, I checked on her page and saw other feedback she left for others and, "surprise" I found she had another reading the same time and left the same feedback for that seller. Lol, it's all cool.. I am still excited and happy to do more readings.

gregory

Grizabella said:
On another forum I go to, I read that sellers can't leave negative feedback on eBay but buyers can, so I don't know how much leeway there is for comments like that. I'd sure put what nisaba suggested if it's possible, though.
Yes, you can respond to feedback as a seller. I have done so. But I would avoid getting too snippy as - as others have said - people also look at what you say ! Dignified silence, maybe....(i.e. I take back my earlier post, maybe. I was just so mad on your behalf :D)

Nevada

I think in this case it might be a good idea to leave seller feedback that simply states the cost of the "short but adequate" reading that person commented on was $1.00. Just that fact, with no other comment, would at least inform future customers as to why the reading was short. If I were a potential customer -- at a later time when you've raised your prices -- I'd want to know that little fact.

Grizabella

Yes, short and not snippy is the way to go. I don't see nisaba's comment as being all that snippy but it could be taken that way by someone who doesn't know it's not meant that way.

SunChariot

My readings always tend to be long, longer than most readers I know. But I have no idea what to tell you as to how to "puff it up". I don't to it purposely, I'm just being myself. I write the way I think. I honestly don't know how to be any other way, so it's hard to answer. I've never tried to puff things up or embellish. It just comes out that way, it's just how I think.

Babs

gregory

:D

Me too, except when it isn't !!!! (I felt just awful recently when one came out really short; I felt I had done something wrong ! but it had taken just as long as they usually do; there was just nothing to add !)