What Is Your "Go-To" Deck?

Libra8ca

Currently, my go-to decks are the Bohemian Gothic and the Baroque Bohemian Cats. :)

Morwenna

It was my Morgan Greer for years, but more recently it's been my Hanson-Roberts, and occasionally my RWS. (That's for actual readings I want for myself, or to test out new spreads. Studying and otherwise working with other decks is a different stuation.)

Penthasilia

My Icelandic tarot!

If I need to do a serious reading, that is the one I reach for. Never lets me down, and I love it to pieces. And, fortunately, it is in print and easily acquired. :)

martyn_uk

My Wildwood...

Ive grown quite attached to it and this has never happened before :)

HighPriestess

I seem to switch decks a lot, but my "staples" are the Tarot of Vampyres, the Animals Divine, and the Mythical Goddess. Sometimes I just really have to use a different deck though. I've been feeling pulled towards my Gaian Tarot lately.

Topaz71

ADD= need for multiple sources of stimuli but the Anna K is a true love.

Sword King

I would have to say that it's the RWS system for me rather than any specific deck. All I knew for years were the gold box RWS and the (seemingly) complicated Thoth. But the gold box is no longer my "go-to", and my "go-to" varies. It's always an RWS clone, cousin, or variant, however.

It's fussy, limiting, and all the other things that TdM reader say about it, but it also works. I guess the RWS is like comfort food for my metaphysical appetite. Sure, there are nicer dishes that the cognoscenti fully endorse, but oftentimes a grilled cheese sandwich gets results. I like results. :)

Richard

Albano-Waite.

Amanda

Right now, it's the Tarot of a Moon Garden. I don't connect with it visually at all, which is kind of weird for me... but I "get it" on some other level... in the short time that I've had it, it kind of feels like a perfectionist (or like a perfectionist made it, because decks aren't really perfectionists :D ).

Carla

For instant clarity, Morgan Greer. I don't know why I just always 'get' what it's saying, easily. It used to be Druidcraft, but I find that all the 'Celtic Pagan' stuff muddies the water for me a bit at times. I don't want to have to remember the whole story of Gwion and the witch to get to the point...sometimes, I just want the point!