what one thoth card would you...

Lokismile

....show to non-tarot readers, those fully unfamiliar? What card best exemplifies
The deck (aside from the effective negative ones) in your opinion.
i want to share a bit of my passion with another forum crowd.

Thanks

gregory

Empress ? Star ?? Queen of Cups.. (not that I find any particularly negative.)

Zephyros

I think one of the most beautiful is the two of discs, or the princess of discs. Byt then, for someone new, I think the Aeon is the most striking.

Cassandra022

Death. I am madly in love with the death card in the thoth - it's visually epic and so symbolically rich. And if it scares them off? Well, clearly they weren't prepared...i'd steer them towards the fluff deck aisle of the local barnes and noble and be on my way, lol.

Laura Borealis

I'd probably show them the Princess of Disks or the Ace of Cups.

Aeon418

Atu XX The Aeon. The ideas behind this card are the very essence of the New Aeon. Without that there would be no Thoth Tarot at all.

nicky

Knight of Discs...it does not best exemplify the Thoth but it is lovely :)

Le Fanu

Atu XX The Aeon. The ideas behind this card are the very essence of the New Aeon. Without that there would be no Thoth Tarot at all.
But would a non-tarot reader get this? It took me a while to *get* the Aeon card. With no theory I'd be lost.

There's something about the Three of Cups that really gets the energy of the deck for me, so deco and rhythmic and the lovely tactile red pomegranete-y surface to the Cups and the way they all interlink, like the deck itself.

Or the floating Fool. Or the Magus. Or the remote Queen of Cups.

Aeon418

But would a non-tarot reader get this? It took me a while to *get* the Aeon card. With no theory I'd be lost..
I beg to differ. In my experience non-readers pick up on the birth motif very quickly. It's usually experienced readers who have a hard time because they bring their Judgment-baggage with them.