What Oracle Deck are you working with now? 2009

Kanon

I sometimes do oracle reading with The Amy Brown Faery Wisdom deck by Amy Brown (Land of Myth and Not) and Eros Oracle by Various Artist (Lo Scarabeo). Maybe soon, I'm gonna start to work with The Victorian Flower Oracle by Alex Ukolov and Karen Mahony (Magic Realist Press) :heart:.

HearthCricket

Right now I am working with the Fairy Ring Oracle and the Dragonfae. I just picked Lady Luna's Magick. How perfect with the full moon almost here! I will make sure I honour the cycles of the moon and find a lovely way to celebrate her fullness! :)

BodhiSeed

Working with the Sacred Journey Cards in the morning and the Horoscope Belline in the evening.

sammyofnyc

My 2 cents regarding oracle decks!

What a great forum this is regarding oracles. I am learning the Lenormand oracle using the Treppner course. Wow! What a lot to learn! But I think it will come naturally as time goes on. I am kind of new using oracles but I am so fascinated and enthralled by it!

So many oracle and tarots to choose from. I do own the 36 card Lenormand Mlle. Lenormand Jeu de destin deck and I ordered-today in fact-the Oracle Ge which I am very excited to get.

Based on my reading from the comments posted by a lot of people most good oracles are very good with predicting and describing forthcoming events. I think a lot of oracles can give you a general picture if things in the future will be good or bad. But I have found that most oracles do not incorporate cards with timing built into it. I know there are a few exceptions like the Oracle Ge that has cards with seasons as part of the entire deck, but with most oracles, the timing of forthcoming events has to be inferred mostly by intuition or "gut feelings."

I just don't understand why it is so difficult to design a deck with specific time frames embedded in them. I guess most designers think that people are mostly interested in having a description of "what" things that will happen in the future as opposed to "when". But I can tell you that based on the the very few readings I have done with my friends, most questions inevitably center around the question of "when" things will occur. This is the weakest part of my reading. I have been accurate (I have been told) generally in correctly interpreting the meaning of the cards, but I cannot give time frames.

I don't think I have any psychic abilities and perhaps that also hampers my ability to determine a time frame, but I think the problem really lies in the way the cards are designed. Yes, like I said, they are great for describing people, events, things, ect... but they are generally not designed for determining time frames. I hope more cards will be designed in the future with this in mind.

I know a possible solution lies in doing spreads that are designed for determining time (the Treppner course contains an elaborate spread designed for timing) but this is a elaborate process and could still make the prediction inaccurate. Wouldn't it be great to flip over a card with a written message like: "it will occur quickly..within 2 days". It would certainly simplify everything and make readings more accurate as opposed to guessing.

Well, those are my 2 cents for whatever its worth.

Wishing everyone that all your dreams may come true always.

Sam.

Golden Moon

I'm using Lenormand, Book of thoth Etteilla Tarot and on rare occations, Konxari Cards to talk to the other side. :D

sammyofnyc said:
What a great forum this is regarding oracles. I am learning the Lenormand oracle using the Treppner course. Wow! What a lot to learn! But I think it will come naturally as time goes on. I am kind of new using oracles but I am so fascinated and enthralled by it!

So many oracle and tarots to choose from. I do own the 36 card Lenormand Mlle. Lenormand Jeu de destin deck and I ordered-today in fact-the Oracle Ge which I am very excited to get.

Based on my reading from the comments posted by a lot of people most good oracles are very good with predicting and describing forthcoming events. I think a lot of oracles can give you a general picture if things in the future will be good or bad. But I have found that most oracles do not incorporate cards with timing built into it. I know there are a few exceptions like the Oracle Ge that has cards with seasons as part of the entire deck, but with most oracles, the timing of forthcoming events has to be inferred mostly by intuition or "gut feelings."

I just don't understand why it is so difficult to design a deck with specific time frames embedded in them. I guess most designers think that people are mostly interested in having a description of "what" things that will happen in the future as opposed to "when". But I can tell you that based on the the very few readings I have done with my friends, most questions inevitably center around the question of "when" things will occur. This is the weakest part of my reading. I have been accurate (I have been told) generally in correctly interpreting the meaning of the cards, but I cannot give time frames.

I don't think I have any psychic abilities and perhaps that also hampers my ability to determine a time frame, but I think the problem really lies in the way the cards are designed. Yes, like I said, they are great for describing people, events, things, ect... but they are generally not designed for determining time frames. I hope more cards will be designed in the future with this in mind.

I know a possible solution lies in doing spreads that are designed for determining time (the Treppner course contains an elaborate spread designed for timing) but this is a elaborate process and could still make the prediction inaccurate. Wouldn't it be great to flip over a card with a written message like: "it will occur quickly..within 2 days". It would certainly simplify everything and make readings more accurate as opposed to guessing.

Well, those are my 2 cents for whatever its worth.

Wishing everyone that all your dreams may come true always.

Sam.

Don't let yourself down Sammy, It will come to you. I predict timmings with my Lenormand and most come out right, the same thing will happen to you. Concentrate on time frams. Time is like the air, its never stable nor is it garantid. A Dr. can tell you that you hjave 3 month to live, what if you live 10 years? I guess its best if you assign your own time frames, Everythign works and responds wonderfully when something is done by yourself. ;)

emmsma

I've read of people estimating timeframe by the imagery. Using the season depicted as a guide. If I weren't half asleep, I could be more expressive.

Will come back tomorrow, after sleep, coffee and card-time.

Peace.

alpha_beta_angel

Working with DV's Saints and Angels, they are more difficult to understand, seem like they "misbehave" and give more cryptic answers, don't read as well as others I've worked with so I'm trying to stick with this deck for a bit to see if I can understand it better to achieve easier readings.

sammyofnyc

My Experience of the Oracle Ge Vs. the Lenormand Oracle

I want to thank everyone especially Golden Moon for your comments. It is truly very helpful.

Although I own the Lenormand 36 card deck, I was doing research to buy another deck. That's when I came across the Oracle Ge. What attracted me to this wonderful deck was the fact that is inspired or rather it is designed as a homage to Madame Lenormand and her wonderful oracle she created. Some of the images used in the 36 card Lenormand oracle are similar to the Oracle Ge and some are different. The Oracle Ge has many more cards than the Lenormand 36 oracle-in fact, it contains 61 cards. This is a very good thing because that means that there many more cards each with its own specific meaning. The problem with the Lenormand oracle (which I still adore and use) is that the fortune teller must memorize a laundry list of attributes that applies to each card. The Oracle Ge does not require the reader to remember this laundry list. It is much more straight forward.

But the best thing about the Oracle Ge is that it contains timing built into the deck. It accomplishes this by including 4 cards in the deck that represent each of the 4 seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Timing (if you read my other posts) is a very big thing with me. Why? because most people I read for always ask me "when" not just "what." Although a timing card which represents a season may not be specific enough (and I recognize that is a big problem for someone that wants more pinpoint time answers), I still think it represents a major advantage over other interpretation methods that relies more on intuition/gut feelings (which could be really way off) and/or trial & error. A time card with an answer of Winter for example, is good enough for me.

I am sure that there must be a course somewhere that covers the Oracle Ge in much more depth than the Oracle Ge's LWB which is very very rudimentary in its meanings. I hope someone might provide have some information regarding books and online courses if there are any.

Well that's it for me at least for now. Wishing everyone lots of love, health, and happiness. Goodbye.

P.S. I am still learning the Oracle Ge since I literally got it yesterday. I will post my experiences as I use it. I also hope to hear about your experiences with this wonderful oracle as well.

Sam

FayCarol

I am using the Madame Endora and the Goddess Guidance decks right now. I also have the Messages from the Fairies and Froud's Faeries (I am still having to use the book with this one). I like the ME deck as she gets right to the point of the matter and gives good advice. I just got the Goddess deck but am enjoying working with them too. I have the Dragonfae deck ordered and am looking forward to using them.
I have only been doing readings since March and started with the Virtrue's Messages from the Fairies and find I like the oracle decks. I did pick up a couple of tarot decks but I just haven't been able to connect and work with them. So am sticking with the oracles for awhile.

Blessings,
FayCarol

HearthCricket

I am working with the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle. She likes to be tough on you. No gentle words. She gives it to you flat out and makes you meet face to face with your shadow self. The artwork is beautiful and ethereal, but don't let it fool you! She knows you well and hits you with bricks, but in a lovely way! I'll be working with this one for a while!