What tea do you drink when reading?

Rinoa

Ahh this thread is perfect! I'm a huge tea lover and have been for most of my life. I drink a lot of water as well (and black coffee once a day.) Unfortunately my absolute favorite tea to drink when doing readings isn't being made right now. That herbal tea is a blend of osmanthus flowers, elderflowers and lavender. Sadly I haven't been able to find a substitute. If anyone knows of a good herbal blend featuring any of those as main ingredients please let me know!

Grizabella

Ahh this thread is perfect! I'm a huge tea lover and have been for most of my life. I drink a lot of water as well (and black coffee once a day.) Unfortunately my absolute favorite tea to drink when doing readings isn't being made right now. That herbal tea is a blend of osmanthus flowers, elderflowers and lavender. Sadly I haven't been able to find a substitute. If anyone knows of a good herbal blend featuring any of those as main ingredients please let me know!

Maybe you could go to a health food store and get the ingredients to make the blend yourself. In Oregon, before I moved here, there was a really sweet little health food store that carried tons of things that a person could buy and blend to make their own.

I'm a little homesick and this just made me more so. :(

But you could get a tea and then extra ingredients. They have tea balls and even tea bags you can re-use at the health food store, too.

greatdane

Matcha, usually cold, mixed with almond or coconut milk. Not necessarily while reading, but it's a favorite, along with Chai and a ton of others :).

I don't usually sip tea while reading. Unless I could be hooked up to it intravenously, I am afraid I would be wearing the tea!

ravenest

Realla tea , its the best type, especially where tarot is concerned.

cbiz83

Tea, Earl Grey---shoot I've been beaten to the replicator command. I have one of the following in my hand 9/10ths of the day: Diet Coke (preferably fountain), iced coffee, hot coffee

Shade

I recently became a fan of Ti Kuan Yin - it's quite pricey but good. It's very green tasting, and the flavor is rather strong and not in any way sweet so not for everyone on here.

And yes at some level I bought it because it's named Kuan Yin - who doesn't love her?

More info: http://www.adagio.com/oolong/ti_kuan_yin.html

I've seen places like The Kitchen Witch Gourmet (http://kitchenwitchgourmet.com/shop.html) make magical tea blends but I almost never find one listed divination - which seems like it would be a popular choice.

violetdaisy

Tea - in the morning - really like white teas - a little sweet/tart without adding sugar or honey. Unless it's serving a dual purpose - to help wake me up - then I like earl gray or black tea with chai spices - and still no sweetener.

But if I had my way, and didn't have to go anywhere, if it was late afternoon or evening I would have spiced wine šŸ˜

Rinoa

Maybe you could go to a health food store and get the ingredients to make the blend yourself. In Oregon, before I moved here, there was a really sweet little health food store that carried tons of things that a person could buy and blend to make their own.

I'm a little homesick and this just made me more so. :(

But you could get a tea and then extra ingredients. They have tea balls and even tea bags you can re-use at the health food store, too.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'm definitely going to check it out when I go there this weekend. That shop sounds lovely~ I hope you're able to visit Oregon in the future and stop back there (or maybe find something similar nearby even if it's not quite the same.)

G6

Cinnamon or Yorkshire Gold or Yerba Mate

If iced Green Tea

Morwenna

I love herbal teas, and Earl Grey and chai, but somehow I never drink while dealing with Tarot. I think it's mainly because I usually do Tarot (and other cards) on the bed, where I don't bring a cuppa because there's no secure place to put it down! I do all my hot-beverage sipping right here at the computer, where there's no room to do anything with cards except maybe a 3- or 4-card layout.

But if I were to actually sit at a table with the cards? I think either Earl Grey or lemon-ginger herbal. In cold weather I might do mint; something refreshing about it especially if there's snow on the ground. (Remind me to clear off that dining room table...)