What will our relationship be like after a trip?

helloitsme

I have had a bad week last week with my girlfriend, and we are taking a trip together for four days at the end of this week. I asked what our relationship will be like at the end of the trip:

-6 Pentacles - 6's are about harmony, so I read this as us feeling equal in the relationship
-King Pentacles - Our relationship will be stable and mature
-Strength - Just as it looks, the relationship will be strong. Also, I am a Leo...
-shadow: 4 wands - in the background, there is more stability.

The whole thing makes it look like things will be very stable, not necessarily a very lovey-dovey relationship, but stable none-the-less. But I don't know if this is just wishful thinking on my end after the bad week we had, and I would love to hear other people's thoughts!

Tobe

I have had a bad week last week with my girlfriend, and we are taking a trip together for four days at the end of this week. I asked what our relationship will be like at the end of the trip:

-6 Pentacles - 6's are about harmony, so I read this as us feeling equal in the relationship
-Strength - Just as it looks, the relationship will be strong. Also, I am a Leo...

The whole thing makes it look like things will be very stable, not necessarily a very lovey-dovey relationship, but stable none-the-less. But I don't know if this is just wishful thinking on my end after the bad week we had, and I would love to hear other people's thoughts!

I notice the lack of passion in this spread, if you are trying to look for a problem. This will be the one.

Otherwise, everything seems normal. Stable is the word, you're right. But to be more precise, your relationship will remain the same as it was before, the six of cups at the beginning already set the style of this spread for the rest of the cards. Although the central idea is stable, it's more of "remain as the past"

headincloud

In relationships strength comes up to denote a struggle, you may have adopted opposing attitudes and been locked in a battle nobody could win but now you have discovered the middle ground and are able to make a compromise which satisfies you both.

Under strength you are filled with love for one and other, the mutual antagonism has shown you both where the relationship was unsatisfactory and your struggle was a positive way of releasing the tension that had built up. Within this new found peace your relationship will become more flexible and loving.

The 6P seems to tie this into issues of give and take and possibly issues tied into employment as king P and 6P both carry tones of providing or failing that finances in general. There may be a power struggle going on in 6P between domination and submission but not in a sexual sense.

Perhaps the relationship was moving at different speeds for the two of you but there is further commitment in 4W. Perhaps your expectations or timings were conflicting?

Strength is unlikely to signify a fling or brief affair.

helloitsme

@Tobe: I did notice the lack of passion in this spread, I guess I just didn't want to see it. I like your interpretation of the 6 of cups meaning that things will remain as the past, but there wasn't a 6 of cups in the spread, did you mean 6 of pents?

@headincloud: Yes, very thorough explanation, thank you. There definitely has been a bit of a power struggle going on. There is a mutual antagonism, but I still want to see her, and apparently she still wants to see me, so I guess it isn't all bad. I really don't like fighting, and we seem to do it a lot lately.

You nailed it with the relationship moving at different speeds. She recently wanted to slow things down.

Free Flight

Hi,

I actually read the shadow as a bit of a lack of stability which throws the cards out a little. You want it, its there in the shadows but not quite what you hope. This when combined with Strength IMHO means maybe more of same - arguing and not the stability you want.
You are the King of Pent and you want to be that to her, but its not quite there (its also not too bad) and consequently you are accept this as it is (6 pent)

helloitsme

@Free Flight: Interesting take. It's true, I would like to be the King of Pents to her. Very interesting idea that it is a little out of whack, with your reading of the shadow and strength. Especially that it might mean more arguing.

You gave me the idea to draw a couple of cards to see what kind of person she sees me as and I got the King of Cups and Temperance - and her feelings for me at the moment are Queen of Cups and Knight of Cups. And, as fate would have it: I suddenly have a lot of work to do this weekend, and we won't be able to take the trip. So, maybe the universe wants to give us a little time apart.

Free Flight

@Free Flight: Interesting take. It's true, I would like to be the King of Pents to her. Very interesting idea that it is a little out of whack, with your reading of the shadow and strength. Especially that it might mean more arguing.

You gave me the idea to draw a couple of cards to see what kind of person she sees me as and I got the King of Cups and Temperance - and her feelings for me at the moment are Queen of Cups and Knight of Cups. And, as fate would have it: I suddenly have a lot of work to do this weekend, and we won't be able to take the trip. So, maybe the universe wants to give us a little time apart.

You must be lovely being the King of Cups and Temperance, that shows you are the mature loving and even keeled person to her offering your love and calm. And her feeling being Q and Kn of Cups show there is a lot of love there - that's actually an awesome draw isn't it!
Slow and steady wins the race :)

helloitsme

@Free Flight: Aw shucks... And yeah, I've been trying to take it slow, and be a little more relaxed about things