What's The Lovers trying to tell me?

haleyw

The Lovers is the card of the moment that keeps on re-appearing, which from experience means I'll have a lesson from The Lovers soon enough. :D I can't figure out what this will be though. Will I finally find love or will I have a choice? Or will I have a choice regarding love? Personally, I don't see the Robin Wood card as representing a choice at all, but I haven't had much experience with The Lovers, so anything could happen.

What do you think? I'll update! :)

nisaba

Perhaps you need to become more of a "team player" in other areas of your life, such as work or family?

Shadow Self

I typically think of the lovers as a decision card, that you are trying to decide between two or more things that look appealing.

Margo9023

The Lovers is the card of the moment that keeps on re-appearing, which from experience means I'll have a lesson from The Lovers soon enough. :D I can't figure out what this will be though. Will I finally find love or will I have a choice? Or will I have a choice regarding love? Personally, I don't see the Robin Wood card as representing a choice at all, but I haven't had much experience with The Lovers, so anything could happen.

What do you think? I'll update! :)[/QUOTE)

Hi IHaleyw!
I used the my Universal Rider Waite yesterday to just draw a card and study it. Itvwas VI The Lovers. Im enjoying studying this card.
For me- I felt and sensed - That we get help from a higher power, perhaps the anglel above the man and woman. The VI The Lovers relates/corresponds with the Element Air. When I look at that angel she gives me a sense of coming down from the heavens very quickly to help join together a person or persons. Look at her arms and hands spread out as if she it gathering something together. he man's eyes are focused on the woman as if the conscious mind and the woman's eyes are more focued on the angel as if here subconscious mind is working.
The mountain in the background also is level on right and left sides and peacks in the middle up toward the angel - maybe reaching a higher level/powed - of joining together.
Also the womans tree beads fruit - the snake may represent sheading the old and growing a new layer of skin. The mans tree looks like it has flames of fire as leafs possibly representing along with his eyes focussed on the woman, a more conscious need or desire.
I felt like this card was telling me about communication, the coming and merging of two persons then becoming three , including the angel. Half of #6 is 3 - Communication not just with a relationship but being and developing communication with others. There is a balance that is being developed.
I also see this card as possibly rrepresenting melationships.

haleyw

Perhaps you need to become more of a "team player" in other areas of your life, such as work or family?

Thanks Nisaba! I can see how you would get that, this isn't the case in this instance though. I'm the mechanism that holds it all together. Even when I'm not physically there.

haleyw

I typically think of the lovers as a decision card, that you are trying to decide between two or more things that look appealing.

Again, that isn't the case. I've made some major life choices and life changes lately, which will effect the rest of my life, but there were no actual decisions or choices to make, I discovered what I wanted and I went for it.

Maybe there will be some coming though.

Thank you!

haleyw

What do you think? I'll update! :)[/QUOTE)

Hi IHaleyw!
I used the my Universal Rider Waite yesterday to just draw a card and study it. Itvwas VI The Lovers. Im enjoying studying this card.
For me- I felt and sensed - That we get help from a higher power, perhaps the anglel above the man and woman. The VI The Lovers relates/corresponds with the Element Air. When I look at that angel she gives me a sense of coming down from the heavens very quickly to help join together a person or persons. Look at her arms and hands spread out as if she it gathering something together. he man's eyes are focused on the woman as if the conscious mind and the woman's eyes are more focued on the angel as if here subconscious mind is working.
The mountain in the background also is level on right and left sides and peacks in the middle up toward the angel - maybe reaching a higher level/powed - of joining together.
Also the womans tree beads fruit - the snake may represent sheading the old and growing a new layer of skin. The mans tree looks like it has flames of fire as leafs possibly representing along with his eyes focussed on the woman, a more conscious need or desire.
I felt like this card was telling me about communication, the coming and merging of two persons then becoming three , including the angel. Half of #6 is 3 - Communication not just with a relationship but being and developing communication with others. There is a balance that is being developed.
I also see this card as possibly rrepresenting melationships.

Hi Margo9023,

This is the most fitting description. I've just been through a big transformation and one part of that was how I communicate with others, especially men that I'm interested in. One in particular that I've really opened up to and communicated with on a much deeper level than I have with any man before. Looks as though this may conitnue until I learn exactly what I need to.

Thanks for giving me this angle that I would never have considered, but which makes the most sense, for me right now.

happyfish

I recently had a reading done by another reader, and the Lovers came up. She told me she saw this as telling me to focus on self-love. Accepting myself fully, and accepting different elements of myself. In this case, she was interpreting the 2 people on the card to represent two parts of me. I'd never thought of the card this way and thought it was an interesting angle to take.

Margo9023

haleyw

Hi Margo9023,

This is the most fitting description. I've just been through a big transformation and one part of that was how I communicate with others, especially men that I'm interested in. One in particular that I've really opened up to and communicated with on a much deeper level than I have with any man before. Looks as though this may conitnue until I learn exactly what I need to.

Thanks for giving me this angle that I would never have considered, but which makes the most sense, for me right now.

Hi haleyw!
So happy to be able to share and help with what I'm learning with the Tarot. Sorry for the typos, I was on my new phone and not by my computer.
Below, I'll post my description of the card I made in my notes.

VI THE LOVERS

9/09/13 Daily Draw*
Deck:* Universal Rider Waite
Card: VI The Lovers
Astrological Association: Gemini*
Element: Air
Keywords:**
Communication
Harmony
Brings stability and things can go on
Merging
3+3=6*(3 = Connection with another to merge) - 6 is at the next level.
ANGEL:*
The wings of the angel above the man and woman standout to me.* The purple and red wings glow at me sort of wrapping ariund the man and woman ti bring them together. The hair stands out to me it's as if the angel is fastly coming down - the way the hair goes up as if wind is blowing the hair upwards. Hair colors - red, yellow, some green.* Angels hands and arms are spread out over the man and woman with palms open, as if blessing them.* The angel shares, watches and draws the man and woman together - as if blessing them.* The angel fromvthe heavens shares and watches the man and woman giving them help and insight. She brings balance and insight to what is goung on on earth.
MAN AND WOMAN:
The tree behind the man bears leafs like flames in colors of yellow and red.*

The tree behind the woman - a snake (snakes shed their skin to make way for the new skin) intertwines itself with its head facing the back of the woman's head. The tree also bears fruit - earthy natural cycle.

Both the man and woman are nude - as shedding the material things in life.* As if cleaning for a renewal.

The woman looks above at the angel maybe for guidance or she can be going with her intuition.

The man has his eyes on the woman as he faces her - as if he is more of the conscious mind - looking at the woman in human nature.

The man seems more of the human nature/world - his tree bares what looks like flames - fire - passion - south.

There's a mountain in the distance between the woman and man.At the middle of the mountain as it comes in from the left and right it comes to a peak in the middle in background of the man and woman toward the angel. The coming together.

Both the man and woman have their arms and palms out - making a connection with the angel.

The clouds are under angel and reach from woman to man in-between.

The sun shine bright behind angel - Florida - As the angel is enlightenment.

My feelings - calmness, love, comfort, peaceful, enlightenment, nature, the conscious and subconscious coming together/working together.

The ground - mounds under their feet, each bare a tree on each mound - they both man and woman have something to offer / bring together as they are joined together by the angel.

Padma

I have often seen the Lovers appear when people are making watershed decisions that will affect the entire course of their lives. I also understand from this thread and other threads of yours that you are going through one of those watershed crossroad moments, Haley - you are making momentous decisions that will most certainly colour the rest of your life...

In this case, I see the Lovers as representing your relationship to your deeper self, and to your desires, as well as to agreements in regard to the direction that will take for you - you are currently deciding the course your fate will take, so to speak. Good luck! :love: